Definitely A Pleasant Surprise...

Desiderata
Desiderata Posts: 91
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been hearing and reading everywhere that even the smallest type of physical activity is beneficial to your weight loss, common sense of course.
So recently I read in a fitness magazine that a good idea to keep active is to dance a bit around in your living room to your favorite music, among other odd but fun ideas.

I've lost three pounds in 2 weeks after i started dancing around while no one else was home, without changing any sort of eating habits or medications or anything. So i looked up how many calories low impact dancing for an hour burnt (i never really considered it to my exercise log...) and to my surprise, it burns almost 350 calories! i barely broke a sweat!

Despite how odd this is, dancing alone in your house with the music booming, is now my all time favorite way to blast calories. Its so much fun and it lets me forget about how i look, because no one else is watching, unlike a crowded gym.

i definitely recommend to all to at least try it. It feels a bit weird at first, but a few minutes in and you'll forget about odd you may feel :)

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    One of my favorite exercises too! :flowerforyou:
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Nice! I'm glad you've discovered this. :happy: It's actually the best way to burn the calories-- to do something you love and look forward to. Music is a huge part of my life too and I love dancing. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.