Looking for some friends that run

Options
I've been using MFP for almost a year. Some of the friends that I had quit or they went silent on me. When I work out I run most of the time and I enjoy going the distance. I'm looking for some friends on here for motivation, support and some advice. Not looking for a lot of friends but a few to keep me going.

Replies

• lovetorunz
    Options
    You can add me! I love to run! I've been on here for about a year too, but ended up creating a new account just a few days ago!
  • thunderer74
    Options
    BUMP!
  • thunderer74
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've just started my journey into running! I'm looking for more friends that do that! Currently working through the C25K and have signed up for my first 5k in June!
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love going for a jog when it's nice out. It feels so amazing :)
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've been working on running. Right now I still walk some but aim for 15-20 miles a week.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I run but I'm not feeling it these days.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Are you in DC, or only vacation pic?

I'm trying to pick up running again, going to be horrible at it though.
  • keninf
    keninf Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have recently gotten into running and have a 12K coming up in June (trail run) and a ragnar relay coming up in October. I am not the fastest runner, and am only up to 10K currently but now that spring is here and the snow is melting, I will get some distance on the trails in prep for June. Add me if you like, as much as I would like to tell you I dislike running (I used to always say that) I find I enjoy it both on a treadmill in a pinch, and outside- rain, snow and shine!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I do 40+ miles a week, have my first 26.2 in October. Anyone else who feels like it can add me as well, for that matter.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I love to run!!! Add me if you like.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner. You all can add me.
  • dcuevas6235
    dcuevas6235 Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm a runner who is simultaneously working on strength training. I think I might be one of the few. Add me!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    He's going the distance. He's going for speed.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for running friends is welcome to add me. Its my staple cardio. I'm doing a 5k at the end of this month and a half later this year.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was going somewhere, I was running!

Don't discriminate, a lot of us on here run, sounds like you just had a crappy set of friends.
  • Rpeat1
    Rpeat1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me!

It's (almost) all about the running for me.

I've ran 4 marathons so far and entered for 5th and 6th (Berlin in September and Paris next April).

Have had a couple of injuries that have meant little running since late summer but finally on the way back now.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey there you can add me I run lots!!

He's not kidding!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    i run when i am chassed
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just getting my groove back, feel free to add me if you want.