what is your motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I want to be in shape for the first time in my life. I also want to walk into any store and be able to fit anything.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    So my doctors will learn that won't become magically immortal and pure of health at 125#. The only cure for any serious health issue I see them about is "lose weight". :huh: :yawn:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I want to be lean and feel superior to other human beings.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Two years ago when I started my journey my motivation was to lose weight so I could get pregnant. I suddenly got pregnant at about 40lbs lost. I only gained 20lbs during my pregnancy, but I wasn't able to get back into the groove to lose weight.

So here I am, 13 months after my son was born. My husband and I are planning a trip to Hawaii at the end of the summer, and I DO NOT want to look like a beached whale. Plus, at the beginning of next year, we are going to start TTC #2. I want to be as healthy as I can, and at an ideal body weight for my next pregnancy. My first one was riddled with complications, some that my weight contributed too.

I've seesawed this last year. I won't lie about that. I have my husband behind me, my son beside me, and my future in front of me. I have dug deep, and I will continue to dig deep. Here's the start of a new me!

Awesome post!!! I wish you the best!!! You can do it! YOU and your family are worth it!!!
  • drosen32
    drosen32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My motivation to lose the weight was to be able to climb up hills on my bike more easily. I'm an avid biker and wanted to see what the effect would be. It's easier now to climb steep hills with 25-26 pounds off that before. It's 26 less pounds that has to be pedaled every stroke. I'm glad I did it.
  • yrambot
    yrambot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So my doctors will learn that won't become magically immortal and pure of health at 125#. The only cure for any serious health issue I see them about is "lose weight". :huh: :yawn:

this is such an issue, I really understand!!! My mom is in a wheelchair because the doctors missed a serious hip diagnosis, blaming her pain on her weight. She felt so bad about her weight that she did not press the issue. It was only until she lost 60lbs and the pain was worse than before that her doctors finally figured out what the problem was. Makes me so mad that overweight people get substandard care. Argh!
  • mandapandarin
    Options
    To fit into that couture wedding dress and look gorgeous for my wedding! (:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The weight I have lost so far is my greatest motivation. But I still reach for the chocolate sometimes. I just dont go overboard with it.