I like beer

Options

Replies

• akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i like vodka -- and vodka likes me.

when i know i am going out on the weekend then i stick to the lower end of my calorie allowance during the week and then i can have a few drinks guilt free and not have to skip eating on drinking days.

so far it is working for me.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Give up? Um, no.

I drink good beer therefore I run.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Beer is the only reason I do cardio.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I've never cut alcohol out but just drink less than I used to. Takes me much less to get drunk these days anyway :)
  • TattooedMuffin
    TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    apparently tequila helps you lose weight.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Yep, when you are puking it up the next day :)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I went through wine school and used to write orders for beers.. brewed my own and cider, but I've never "craved' alcoholic beverages. It's just kind of like a nice addition. I prefer to go with darker beers like Guiness because they generally are lower in calories.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options

Yep, when you are puking it up the next day :)
    wrong, don't you know tequila makes people do bad things? all that sexercise.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    Give up? Um, no.

I drink good beer therefore I run.

I just started my attempt at jogging. I joked with my jogging partner that if we parked at the park we could jog 1 mile to the first bar or 2 miles to get to the 2nd. lol

I am not giving up beer or wine, I think I was just making conversation.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wild Turkey and Jack here
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    Why do you drink light beer? That stuff is garbage. I drink full flavored craft beer and just have one or two when I go out. Its much more filling and actually has taste.

I can come up with 200 - 400 calories once or twice a month for it.

Couldn't agree with that statement more. I try to make room for a couple nice full flavoured (not necessarily high alcohol) beers once a week.

If I am going to have to add it to my pal and sacrifice something else for it I want it to be well worth it...
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    LOL... White Russians!!! Totally decadent...only have one a couple times a year now and YES... they are always as good as I remember them!! Now I stick to Vodka/Diet tonic on a regular basis. :):drinker:
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bourbon....mmmmmm
    Beer....mmmmmm
    Red Wine....mmmmmm
    etc., etc., etc.

I just count the calories. So what if they are "empty calories." Count them and stay on track.
  • deejayhonza
    Options
    Used to drink ten pints of beer a weekend every time I dj'd, you can imagine the amount of calories I built up over a time (10 years). It's been 2 weeks since I quit (actually, stopped for the whole of January) after realising the amount of calories it contained by this database. Love beer, had good times with it but I'm happy my liking for it is diminishing...have the cheeky vodka and diet coke every now and again.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options

Can't argue with that comment, I think I should pour me up some right now...

No but seriously if you are looking to get smashed tequila or some other hard spirit is probably the go because you are getting very few calories from anything other than the alcohol (1g alcohol = 7 kcal). It won't help you lose weight but gram for gram of joy you will get a decent bang for your buck from the hard spirits...
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I live in Italy...wine is obligatory on the dinner table. I don't think my in-laws would even come over if I told them no more wine, which is fine with me...I love the stuff. So, I calculate it into my max calories for the day or I Zumba it off the day after...
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options

That's total BS... My wife gained about 30 pounds the last time I had Tequila...

Took her 9 months to "lose it", too...

*winky wink*
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm pissed on Red right now and will be tomorrow.

And I have hit my protein target so yay me :)
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Definitely wine! I have managed to swap most of my food cravings for healthier options but nothing fills my wine hole :sad:

I so know what you mean...
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    LOL... White Russians!!! Totally decadent...only have one a couple times a year now and YES... they are always as good as I remember them!! Now I stick to Vodka/Diet tonic on a regular basis. :):drinker:

I think I gained 10lbs drinking white russians on my honeymoon in the Bahamas. I think they must have nade them with sweetened condensed milk or something. lol