Should I feel guilty?

Options
Every once in a while I skip a planned workout to catch up on sleep or school work.
And it always feels like I'm failing when I do this.
I'm sure it seems like a stupid little thing to worry about, but I can't help it, haha.
I always seem to be beating myself over something.
:explode:

Replies

• coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason why you should feel guilty, we are all human and have other things to do!! Don't be hard on yourself pumpkin, I do the same thing with school work and my kids!! Just stay on track and remember to stick with your plan:flowerforyou:
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason why you should feel guilty, we are all human and have other things to do!! Don't be hard on yourself pumpkin, I do the same thing with school work and my kids!! Just stay on track and remember to stick with your plan:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it :)
  • friedmsw1
    friedmsw1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    None of us are going to be perfect In our weight loss journey!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm skipping workouts right now to finish a project. I feel a little bad, but definitely not guilty. I know I will do it again when I a) stop procrastinating, and b) finish the assignment so I can work on me again. As the famous book is called "Don't sweat the small stuff (and it's all small stuff)".
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    It happens sleep is more important than working out :)
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom; I work full-time; I go to school part-time; I make working out and eating healthy a priority.

I do my absolute best every single day, but I am not perfect at any of these things. I balance and prioritize and keep all the balls in the air most of the time. Sometimes, something may have to give and I may have to shift my priorities on a given day.

Life goes on. I am good at all of these things, but I will never be perfect at all of them all the time. If we waited to be perfect at everything we attempted, we'd never try anything. Good is enough.
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You're all right, I really appreciate all the input!
  • Mrsnieve
    Mrsnieve Posts: 2
    Options
    Also, don't forget....to stay healthy and at a healthy weight is a LIFESTYLE.....and we all need sleep! you can't go 100 mph all your life, so NO GUILT!! As long as being active is important to you, you'll do just great!!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Even the exercise guru's say that you should give your body a rest day once a week - plan it. If you need to sleep in or finish something for school then just move your day off and now you haven't failed, you have prioritized!
    This trek we are on is a marathon, not a sprint and you are not going to make it all in one day cause this isn't a one day thing. Guilt is a wasted emotion and the fact that you are even thinking that you need to work out is a step in the right direction. Therefore move on and go a little easier on yourself - it is just one day in a week, or a few days in a month, etc. Will it matter in 25 years?
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Remember your goals and reasons and then rationalize what is top priority, it is easy to slump backwards. Rest when needed and it is ok to skip if you have to, but once I start slacking, I feel more at ease to do it again. Every day I fight fatigue, so it would be easy to rest more often, but my goal to be my healthiest fit self and trying to get it done in the next year. I set realistic goals and just need to stick to them unless I am too weak to move, MS is a factor there. If you think it would help, take off a full week then get back on track. Good luck, but I do understand this one very well. If you can't do a full workout, how about 10 minutes of HIT and go back to what you have scheduled next time. Best wishes :)
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm by no means a trainer, i'm just a fat barsted

BUT

there will be times when 'Life' gets in the way of you working out, as long as you dont start inventing reasons to put in the life basket as an excuese its all good.

the way I do it (and I'm not perfect) but if its not raining out and I havent had a call after midnight I go for a run, at 5:30 in the morning, life rarely gets up before 6:30 so that works for me.

but even then there are times I just cant do it yea I feel gulty and fat if I miss it, but I use that as motivation so it doesnt happen the next day

O crap the next day is today
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    Remember your goals and reasons and then rationalize what is top priority, it is easy to slump backwards. Rest when needed and it is ok to skip if you have to, but once I start slacking, I feel more at ease to do it again. Every day I fight fatigue, so it would be easy to rest more often, but my goal to be my healthiest fit self and trying to get it done in the next year. I set realistic goals and just need to stick to them unless I am too weak to move, MS is a factor there. If you think it would help, take off a full week then get back on track. Good luck, but I do understand this one very well. If you can't do a full workout, how about 10 minutes of HIT and go back to what you have scheduled next time. Best wishes :)

OK she makes more sence, work with this & disregard my waffel
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I do this sometimes, too. And it's understandable. The way I look at it, is for 1, if you're low on sleep, you're going to have crappy weight loss anyway. And 2, school is my future. Being healthy and getting school done is just as important. And if I'm going to be paying an arm and a leg for it, I'm going to be paying for A's and nothing less.

When I seem like I'm losing sleep or time for school work I try to make it a learning experience and learn to manage my time better; what can I do differently to meet my goals if my plan right now isn't working.

There's no reason to feel guilty. Life happens.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Certainly happens! We all need some sleep as well.