PCOS and Myo-Inositol?

Options
calibriintx
calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
Not really sure where to put this. NOT weight loss related. I kicked the pill back in November and quit Met end of Dec. Really don't want to go back on either. Cycles have been 30-35 days since Nov but now I'm on day 42, anovulatory as far as I can tell. Breaking out a bunch (to be fair, this could be due to Easter chocolate) this cycle and I'm losing a ton of hair in the shower. Anyway, I'm starting to second guess my decision to kick the meds this early in my weight loss. I'm pretty sure, based on history, that my cycles will return to a clockwork 30 days once I'm at a healthy weight, but I don't want to deal with irregular cycles in the meantime.

Considering starting BC and/or Met again, but before I do that, I want to try Myo-Inositol. Just curious if anyone here has any experience with it helping with regularity and other symptoms? I bought it in powder form today and I'm going to start with 2g/day, along with Choline daily, dose TBD. Would love feedback from anyone with experience. As much as I hate TOM, I don't like being stood up!

ETA: If you noticed a change in your mood (happier, less irritable) please share!

Replies