Okay to use spare calories?

Options
Okay, so Monday I had 250 calories to spare, Tuesday 156, total of 406. But yesterday I went over by 292. If I take the total of calories over the three days, i.e. 406 minus 292, I am still under by 114 calories.

Will this have much effect overall on the week?

PS - Never done this before, but as I was over last night, I took a laxative, which seemed to work this morning. Okay to do this very occasionally?

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Sure. Log regularly and accurately and look at your weekly totals. Your not going to be perfect every day. Good Luck!
  • kelly_lake
    kelly_lake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes to using up calories, you're aiming for the bigger picture overall so look at your consumption weekly if it helps.

As for the laxative, I'd say that's a slippery slope. How is it any different to making yourself throw up after eating? I'd steer well clear of habits like that if you can. It's not good for your body and could mess with your digestive system long term.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I call that "banking" or "saving" my calories. And then I "spend" them on something I really want like a couple of beers on the weekend or piece of chocolate cake..
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your helpful replies. And Kelly, no worries, I'm not going down that route. It was a one off, silly I know.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Since none of this is an exact science anyway I'm sure a difference of 114 calories will be neither here nor there.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Weight loss doesn't happen overnight. It happens over a period of time. So yes, it's ok to be a little over one day and a little under another day. Just make sure that you hit your net calorie goal from week to week.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I sometimes intentionally bank calories over the course of the week so I have some leeway on the weekend. I'm doing that today actually. Think in terms of weeks instead of days.

As for the laxative, it's not a good idea to go down that road. Only take them if you actually need it.
  • kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yay, thanks for posting the question and thanks for the answers! I was just wondering what to do if I was under calorie goals.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I regularly bank calories throughout the week because I know I usually grab some sort of fast food or go out to a restaurant with hubby on the weekends. Feel free to look @ my diary. I go for a weekly average. If I tried to hit my calorie count every day exactly I'd go nuts.