Success stories women in their 50's who have toned up

Options
gatorginger
gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
Anyone out there in their 50's who have lost weight and have been able to tone up, if so what did you do and how long did it take. Have any pictures of before and after

Replies

• newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am trying to tone up. For me that means losing the last 10 pounds.:smile:
  • gatorginger
    Options
    What exercises are you doing, I just started Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones and once I have results I will post a before and after picture.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Still between 5 - 8 lbs to go and a bit more toning up. First pic is Oct 2012 and second pic is Mar 2013. I started doing Stronglifts 5 x 5 in December 2012 and this has made all the difference. I have lost more inches than I thought possible and my waist is currently smaller than it was in my teens and not done yet!!

mtrt3a.jpg
  • kacorlis
    kacorlis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Good job!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Sandra, you look awesome!
  • gatorginger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am at my goal weight of 125 but I am wanting to try and firm up and so looking for success stories to show me it's possible. Your look great Sandra
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    Still between 5 - 8 lbs to go and a bit more toning up. First pic is Oct 2012 and second pic is Mar 2013. I started doing Stronglifts 5 x 5 in December 2012 and this has made all the difference. I have lost more inches than I thought possible and my waist is currently smaller than it was in my teens and not done yet!!

mtrt3a.jpg

Fantastic! You look fabulous - congratulations!
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I am trying to tone up. For me that means losing the last 10 pounds.:smile:

You look great :}
  • gatorginger
    Options

mtrt3a.jpg

I'm new to any kind of weight lifting so I don't really know what strong lifts are, is that lifting heavy?
  • webebeer
    webebeer Posts: 81
    Options
    Bump
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You look great,
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at my goal weight of 135 (5'10" tall) with 2 lbs left. I've been firming up with light weights and strength workouts. That seems for me at least to be doing the best for me. i don't have any pictures right now but I'll see what I can get. (Oh, and by the way, I'm 58, almost 59.)
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I'm almost at my goal weight of 135 (5'10" tall) with 2 lbs left. I've been firming up with light weights and strength workouts. That seems for me at least to be doing the best for me. i don't have any pictures right now but I'll see what I can get. (Oh, and by the way, I'm 58, almost 59.)

What kind of strength work outs do you do and thanks can't wait to see the pictures
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of "Firming Up" so we will see how it goes. My before & after pictures are with my Profile pictures.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 combined with my running. There is a pic in my profile that shows the end results of the 30 day shred.
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I am in the process of "Firming Up" so we will see how it goes. My before & after pictures are with my Profile pictures.

Wow you look awesome thanks for sharing
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I've done the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 combined with my running. There is a pic in my profile that shows the end results of the 30 day shred.

You look fantastic. At least I know there is hope for me lol. I'm at my goal weight but want to tone up so thanks for sharing
  • lemondjuice
    Options
    Congratulations Sandra - you look great!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

I'm new to any kind of weight lifting so I don't really know what strong lifts are, is that lifting heavy?

Stronglifts 5 x 5 and Starting Strength are both lifting programmes that are great for beginners and also for males and females. If you google them you will see there are videos of all the lifts etc. There is also a group here on MFP - Stronglifts for Women and it has all the information you would need to consider it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!