PMS cravings

Options
Every month, a week before my period, I start craving anything and everything salty and sweet. I have been doing really well managing my cravings for the past few months, which has not been a "piece of cake" :wink: but for some reason, this month I'm struggling to manage my sweet tooth and have already caved twice this week with a cupcake and a donut! AHHH...I don't want to fall off the wagon and get into these bad habits again. I'm curious what others use as a way to manage these cravings, especially for sweets! Thanks~

Replies

• yelldan22
    yelldan22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I go through this too, except it is for the full week. I just make sure that I have room for one of those things in my calories for the day. It is not falling off the wagon if you allow yourself one donut that fits into your goal for the day. Or if you have to work out longer the next day to burn those calories. This is a lifestyle change and life has cupcakes and donuts in it. I find I'm more likely to fall off the wagon if I restrict myself too much and not allow those things every once in awhile.
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    You might try finding foods that satisfy your craving but are less in fat than calories like Jello pudding or a small handful of chocolate chips, fruit even canned, homemade low fat banana or pumpkin bread. For salt, pretzels, rice cakes - both salty and sweet, popcorn. I'll try to post more later as I know there are more - it's early and I'm not fully awake.
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    For me, trail mix is perfect! They usually have ones with cranberries and dark chocolate or yogurt and one serving can be as low as 130 calories. You get your salty sweet plus protein! My new fav snack for pre PMS is Apples with Peanut Butter. OMG! So good and calms the cravings for both.

Hope this helps :)

Also I agree, if you do cave, just commit to an extra 30 mins of cardio to burn it off.
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday. Usually I fight it but yesterday I ate and ate. I was 300 calories over. I thought I would be much more. Today I am not craving as much...yet. It is only 9AM though. Right now I am sipping on tea hopping that will cub the cravings for me. Good luck!
  • lharris583
    Options
    The same thing happened to me yesterday and I raided my coworker's desk for 4 pieces of chocolate. I just worked out a tab bit longer. So, give in to your cravings...just pay for it later. Sorta like credit cards.
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Incorporate a little something into your daily routine. Even if you have to increase a little and get some exercise in, do it. Don't force yourself against an unrealistic standard that will ultimately cause you to fail.