Hanging Stomach, Help!

Options
I have had 4 children, 2 of them c-sections, one of those the doc cut my skin vertically instead of horizontally ( Long story). My stomach hangs. I do have a lot to lose, and include strength training along with my cardio...what can I do to help my stomach? I fear that once my weight is gone (and it will be gone lol!), that I will be left with this disgusting piece of flab hanging down , and surgery may be my only option..anyone else manage to get rid of it? Thank you!:angry::frown: :frown:

Replies

• juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a c section but have had 2 kids.
    I was rather surpised how much fat was in the lose hanging skin because as the weight went down so did the flappy-ness. It's now a pooch but continues to skrink as I weight lift and run. Perhpas it won't be as bad as you imagine. I am hoping that once all the tummy fat is gone my pooch will go as well and I'll be left with ugly skin. I am learning to embrace the ugly-ness of my tummy, children lived in there therefore evidence of that shouldn't cause you shame.

If you are like me then you are re-directing your anger about being bigger than you want to be into engery wasted on hating your tummy. I don't think I was ever going to wear a midriff or bikini regularly anyhow and being angry with something you can't do anything about could cause you to burn out and give up the fight to lose weight. Try to ignore the tummy for now, once the weight is gone look at all your options (including doing nothing) and then be angry if you want to be. At least by this point if you want to try something (surgery, thermage, laser) you will have a better idea how bad the problem really is. I use my anger to fuel my workouts, it feels good to lift/push heavy *kitten* instead of letting that frustration wear me down.

Suggestions for a tighter core:
    -straight leg deadlifts
    -woodchop (using cable machine)
    -use abs when lifting anything (kids/groceries), you get better at this with time.