I've been sabotaging myself by not logging all of my food...

Options
Hello MFP Friends,

I've been on the "fitness train" for a little over a year now... I've lost a little over 20 pounds and really feel great. I am currently doing Les Mills COMBAT 6 days a week and running 3 days a week.

I'm writing today because I've really been struggling with my food choices lately. I seem to have one good week and then one bad week. Just last week I celebrated my lowest weight in 12 years at 118.8 pounds and this morning I weighed in at 121.5. I've got a problem with not logging everything I eat... I'll grab a hand full of crackers here, a small bowl of cereal there, and then just not log it. I know that by doing this I'm just sabotaging my own process... Nobody is pressuring me or pushing me.

It's such a feeling of defeat... What seems to happen is I have a really good week or few days and then I think to myself, "Well I've had a few good days, it's OK to just let this one thing slide." And before I know it, I'm letting everything slide and not logging it.

On an off week, I do really great all day and eat spot on until about early afternoon. That's when my whole day just goes down the tube. I start snacking on everything in sight and by bedtime, I've pretty well ruined the day. I am at the point now where I'm just getting disgusted with my lack of self control. I'm working SO hard in my workouts, too hard to be eating junk all the time. I keep thinking, "I'll do better tomorrow, I'll eat cleaner tomorrow." But I just haven't...

So today, I'm posting for accountability reasons. Nothing holds you more accountable than telling the world you're going to do something. I'm going to be logging every single thing I put in my mouth. No excuses and NO cheating. I'm also going to open my diary up to the public for even more motivation! Also, feel free to add me if you'd like!

If anyone is interested in becoming accountability partners let me know! We can kick each others butts! =)

Replies

• Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Some days I can't force myself to log all the little transgression I had, especially when I know it's going to make me go over. But I ALWAYS make myself go back the next day and put EVERYTHING in. Better late then never, and I really want an accurate account of what I've been eating, what works, and what doesn't work.