Help me speed up my weightloss!

Options
2»

Replies

• morag89
    morag89 Posts: 5
    Options
    I believe in good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise, particularly strength training. However, if you are in a pinch, try phase one of Dr Ian Smith's Fat Smash Diet. It's rather difficult to follow because it's very restrictive in the beginning. Vegetables only. I lost 6 pounds in phase one which is 9 days. My friend lost 10. It was likely mostly water weight, but it was still gone. Just promise me, with whatever 'diet' you decide to follow in your effort to drop weight fast, that you will be smart about getting into HEALTHY habits after your big day.

Welk this is the dilemma I'm in. I WANT to lose weight healthily and maintain but at the same time I can't bear the thought of not feeling my best on my wedding day :/

I know it's only 'one day' and there is a lot of pressure on brides to be to be at their best on the big day but I'm stressing myself out so much..
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

Well this is the dilemma I'm in. I WANT to lose weight healthily and maintain but at the same time I can't bear the thought of not feeling my best on my wedding day :/

I know it's only 'one day' and there is a lot of pressure on brides to be to be at their best on the big day but I'm stressing myself out so much..

Stress is not your friend either, it affects your hormones which can hinder weight loss. I wouldn't worry so much about my weight before the wedding. Your fiance' wasn't bothered by your size when he proposed, was he? You are putting too much unnecessary strain on yourself. There is so much else to focus on when planning a wedding. Just make smart choices and try the strength training. Heavy lifting offers amazing results and never underestimate the power of the right wedding dress to transform you. You will be a much prettier bride if your are well nourished and rested for your big day than if you drove yourself crazy worrying and starving yourself which will make you look tired and deflated. This is a happy time, enjoy it!
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I believe in good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise, particularly strength training. However, if you are in a pinch, try phase one of Dr Ian Smith's Fat Smash Diet. It's rather difficult to follow because it's very restrictive in the beginning. Vegetables only. I lost 6 pounds in phase one which is 9 days. My friend lost 10. It was likely mostly water weight, but it was still gone. Just promise me, with whatever 'diet' you decide to follow in your effort to drop weight fast, that you will be smart about getting into HEALTHY habits after your big day.

Welk this is the dilemma I'm in. I WANT to lose weight healthily and maintain but at the same time I can't bear the thought of not feeling my best on my wedding day :/

You should really do this. Which will increase your caloric intake and people really won't mind being around you. You won't be hungry and your have a nice sculpted physique. Your physical changes are probably what your looking for and 15 weeks is plenty of time if you start now. The scale is not going to change much...maybe 10 -15 lbs. But you would look a whole lot different due to a lower BF%. But in the end its your choice. Just my opinion!

I do recommend continuing your exercise program with HIIT and heavy lifting. Don't worry about the scale if you do this. You will develop (not add new) the lean muscle you already have. Your waistline and BF% will begin to drop and your physique will look totally different in 15 weeks. You may not lose the entire 30 lb. but it will look as though you did.

edit: Here's and excellent link for TDEE-20% if your set up correctly, you'll have much greater success. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm