chopping and stacking firewood, how many calories?

Options
:wink: I am trying to figure out how many calories I have burned this weekend. Friday went out for 4 hours and we chopped, rolled and stacked firewood. This is extremely exhausting, I was sweating the entire time. Went out again for again for another 4 hours and did the same thing. Needless to say I am tired, my body hurts and I have no idea how many calories I burned. Anybody have any ideas?

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but it is a lot! Have you tried Googling it?
  • wineingerreha
    Options
    According to caloriecount.about.com about 408 calories/hour for a 150# person
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    According to caloriecount.about.com about 408 calories/hour for a 150# person

I was just about to come back and post the same after realizing that my first response wasn't very helpful. :happy:

Sounds like you burned a lot of calories this weekend!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    It is actually in the database here on MFP! Just go to Exercise and then database and look it up!
  • c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks all, I did find it on google, Farmers Almanac. It was said that you burn about 400 to 500 calories per hour. Spent about 4 1/2 hours doing this so it is a very good exercise and boy do I feel it. My aim for tomorrow is to walk 3 miles.