Hello!

Options
Basic intro post. I'm Jessica, an overweight person looking to lose some more weight.

I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom. In humid, yucky Fl.

At my biggest I was 338, now 235, currently just trying to get under 200lb and then I will set a new goal.

Also just signed the 4 of us up for a 5k in Sept, it's always been a goal and I'm doing a couch to 5k app with my boys to train.

Anyway, hi, I'm here!

Replies

• roaringtulips
    roaringtulips Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jessica! I'm Audrey and I live in humid, yucky Florida too! You have already come so far...over 100 lbs lost! I'm sure you're going to see a 1 at the beginning of your weight in no time. Good luck!
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks. Also I <3 your username. Tulips are my fav!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great progress so far. Good luck with your 5K - we have a 5K walk/runs here mid-June and I'm trying to talk my DD into doing it with me. I've been doing the TM at the gym but I need to get outside so I'm ready too. You have the humidity and we have the yucky snow (well, it's actually raining right now).
  • fullofquirks
    Options
    My boys are 7 and 8 so they're generally excited about everything. I hope she will do it with you, makes it fun to have people with you.
  • roaringtulips
    Options
    Hi and thanks. Also I <3 your username. Tulips are my fav!

Mine too! Too bad they don't grow down here. I have two daughters 9 and 10. I just recently did a 5K (which I admit I half walked, half jogged), and now they want to start going on walks with me. They're little skinny things, and they know it...but they like the idea of being healthy...which is kind of awesome! How many kids out there are trying to be healthy? Good job, fullofquirks!
  • fullofquirks
    Options
    The 5k we signed up for is called Run or Dye where they throw colored powder at you. I thought that would be a fun way to get everyone interested. And they don't time you, if you want a time you can time yourself, which also is good for my first one.

Tulips. Sigh, I've planted and potted so many. No go here, you're right.
  • roaringtulips
    Options
    The 5k we signed up for is called Run or Dye where they throw colored powder at you. I thought that would be a fun way to get everyone interested. And they don't time you, if you want a time you can time yourself, which also is good for my first one.

The 5K I just did was Color Me Rad and it was the same premise. SO much fun! I wore a white shirt and I'm following the directions on the site to keep the paint they plastered it with on there permanently. You will have so much fun!
  • fullofquirks
    Options

The 5K I just did was Color Me Rad and it was the same premise. SO much fun! I wore a white shirt and I'm following the directions on the site to keep the paint they plastered it with on there permanently. You will have so much fun!

Yay!! So looking forward to it.
  • rickholden9
    Options
    Wow great job. Keep the faith, it can be done
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great job , welcome and LETS DO THIS :) feel free to add me if you like
  • soundlee13
    Options
    Welcome!! You can do this!! We are here to support each other :) It is not fun to do this alone. Let us all #EndTheTrend together.

Feel free to add me :)
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I loved C25K and signing up for a 5K was definitely motivation to get out there, so good luck!
  • fullofquirks
    Options
    Welcome! I loved C25K and signing up for a 5K was definitely motivation to get out there, so good luck!

My thought process exactly! And thanks :)