Sports Fan - Weight Bet?

Options
Calling all sports fan...
Just wondering, if anyone would like to make a weight bet with me? It's a punishment bet, real simple. Write down how many pounds you want to lose by June 12th (5 weeks from now) and the sports team/player you really hate, despise, can't stand, can't even mention their last name/team, etc.

If you don't make your goal, you have to change your profile pic for two weeks (I would make it longer but that's just cruel) with the team/player you despise. I'll start.

Current Weight: 180
Goal: 170 by June 12th
Team/Player I can't stand: Lakers. My hatred for this team is just like lava, it just flows...LOL

If anyone is interested, add me as friend and we'll do some trash talking (of course in fun). I rather play in the freeway than change my profile pic. Bet is a friendly wager with a little trash talking (I'll keep you motivated). Of course this is based on the honor system, you get to lose weight and still hate your team... (Ha-ha)

Replies

• FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am intrigued and contemplating this offer... hmmmm

I am in as well lets do this..

I HATE THE SPURS...

Current: 300 lbs
    Goal 285 lbs

I say we raise the stakes if you lose you have to take a picture wearing something of said "hated" team? who's with me??
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Hahahah this sounds fun. I am in and I don't know if I will be able to keep anything down for two weeks if I have to post a picture of the Yankees.
    Current weight 214
    Goal 200 by June 12th
  • jeanetteo9
    jeanetteo9 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think this sounds like a lot of fun....i hate and cant stand Landon Donavon from Galaxy.

Current weight: 135
    Goal: 115 by june 12th
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well I love sports... and I'm dying to get rid of these last 5 pounds so I'm hoping this will be the ticket! It's either me at my goal weight or a picture of Ben Roethlisberger... yeeesh, this may be more motivation than I thought!
  • SkinnyDR
    SkinnyDR Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks...should be a fun bet.

The jersey thing gets expensive (I lost that bet already).. I think we should just post a player on that team as a pic.

For Ruth - I say Derek Jeter..
    For ChefJime - Gotta be Tim Duncan...
    For Jeanette09 - Landon Donavon from the Galaxy.
    For SkinnyDR (Dennis) - Kobe

Add me as friend and I'll keep tabs on you...starts tomorrow!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    haha No I will go A-Rod.
  • SkinnyDR
    Options
    ErickaRenae - Here's our football fan...thanks for playing. Ben Roethlisberger is suspended isn't he?
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm I do not fancy the Raiders. Loose 10 pds
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    Current Weight: 175
    Goal: 165 by June 12th
    Team/Player I can't stand: The Georgia Bulldogs GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just told my husband about this... so he'll be posting - chutch5.
  • chutch5
    chutch5 Posts: 6
    Options
    Current weight: 209
    June 12 goal: 194

Team I despise....NY Yankees

Great idea!
  • SkinnyDR
    Options
    Chutch 5 and Rostrum both hate the Yankees..
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Oh, it's ON.

CW: 179
    GW: 175 (I'm going easy on myself 'cause it's finals week... even if I eat right, the stress will do me in.)

I HATE the Cowboys!
  • ezekielhart
    Options
    Game is on....Team/Player Lakers/Kobe the self centered, over rated, over zealous player or as my son says C.O.O.L (constipated, over weighted, over sized, loser)...LOL

CW 210
    GW by June 12th 195
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options

We were raised as kids in Michigan... so we're big Wolverine fans and despise Ohio State. My hubby then moved to Boston as a preteen & spent 15 years there... so he's a big Red Sox fan. He did decide that he hates the Buckeyes more than the Yankees... but in the spirit of baseball season...
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

Well they are so easy to hate and I am not even a Boston fan. I am Twins fan and we have our first series against them this week. I just prefer teams that play with their heart not the pocket book. (Well other then to get the home town boy home. :happy: )
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    Options
    ErickaRenae - Here's our football fan...thanks for playing. Ben Roethlisberger is suspended isn't he?

Yes he is! And hopefully his sentenced isn't reduced but I don't think we'll be so lucky... fingers crossed! If his suspension interferes with the challenge I could also easily use anything associated with U of M football.. haha I'm a Buckeye girl... and yes I realize we have a lot of haters and yes... I understand why. But anytime Michigan wants to give us a run for our money again that'd be great... we're getting bored!
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    I am 6 pounds away!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I am 11 lbs away.
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    Options
    3 lbs woooohoooo!