Which Probiotics are best?

Options
I saw a thread a while back where people were taking probiotics. I took acidophilus for a while and really didn't notice anything. Is there a better kind? Thanks!

Replies

• terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump...

I've taken acidophilus for awhile and I can't tell how much they help me. I am mostly looking for digestive benefits. I've also taken Good Belly shots, which I like.

I once found a comparison chart of a bunch of probiotic supplements and their benefits but I can't find it. This WebMD article is slightly helpful though: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/answers-to-your-questions-about-probiotics
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ortho Molecular Product Ortho Biotic was recommended to me by 2 separate doctors. It's very expensive, but I really like it.
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Good question - sorry I can't answer it but I'd like to know too. I understand that the greater number of live cells in the product, the better. I can't afford the most expensive probiotics but I don't get the cheapest ones either. I'm taking Culturelle, it has 10 billion cells of Lactobacillus GG, the most researched probiotic, it's around $20 at Target.
  • realmilk4me
    realmilk4me Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You could make your own...lots of options, kefir, homemade sauerkraut, kombucha, etc...all have different probiotics in them!
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My gastero recommended Phillip's Colon Health. I laughed, felt stupid buying it, and swore it'd never work so I'd try it for two weeks. It works incredibly well. It's reasonably priced, can be found pretty much anywhere and I can actually tell if I skip 3 days of it.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Trubiotics - found in Walgreens
  • stevenbatl
    stevenbatl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yogurt. I think that's probably the best way to get probiotics. I like Smari yogurt (found in Whole Foods), but any yogurt will naturally have probiotics.

The ones listed on the container of yogurt I'm eating out of now: thermophilus, bulgaricus, acidophilus, and yogourti.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Dr. Ohhira's or VSL#3 if you're a baller.