Uses For Protein Powder

Options
I am new to using protein powder. Now that I am working out a lot more, I invested in some (vanilla bean flavor) though I don't care for it straight. I have played with it a few times, adding it into spinach smoothies that I already make. But I am wondering if anyone has any recipes for smoothies/shakes that taste less powdery? I don't want to keep playing with it and wasting it, as that's just basically throwing money down the drain! Any ideas for other recipes to make using protein powder?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I add mine to a fat free milk that already has alittle chocolate syrup in it....

I've also made pudding with it and that has worked out well.

I've put it on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Sorry I'm not help with recipes
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder in my smoothies every morning, and they never come out powdery. I use 1 cup of water, 1 cup of frozen berries, 1/2 cup yogurt, and 1 scoop of protein powder. I have also added greens to that combination before, if you wanted to keep getting your spinach in.

I also add protein powder to oatmeal (gives it a bit of an odd texture, but I don't mind), and to oat cookies - you really don't notice it there! Boyfriend puts it in cottage cheese with almond butter and pineapple, which is pretty good too. :)
  • TimeWarp9
    TimeWarp9 Posts: 91
    Options
    I add it to oatmeal - the vanilla at least. The chocolate was just awful! :laugh:
  • jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i add it to my smoothie every morning! 8oz almond milk, 1 banana, 2 tbsp PB2, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, ice cubes, splash of water if needed to get my blender going!
  • rebeccawwalters
    rebeccawwalters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my recipes. I have several, some that have vanilla powder and some with chocolate. They all run between 300-400 calories :)
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    Throw a frozen banana in there.
  • jeanniemartin3000
    Options
    Thank you for all the tips! Greatly appreciate it! I am looking forward to trying these all out! :) Have a wonderful day!