Venting :(

Options
So I've gone two months straight with sticking to a very good diet and exercising almost everyday. I lost the weight I gained in my first semester of college last fall (and some) and just felt so much better about myself. That being said...my freshman year of college ended yesterday (Saturday) and I came home and ate horribly two days straight. :( I feel like my two months of solid work has gone to waste in two days, although I'm probably overreacting just because I feel SO full and bloated at the moment. I feel like I almost hate myself for doing this!!!

So there's my rant. Does anyone else have really bad days where they go way over their calorie limit? I'm hoping it won't get me off track of my goals too much...in my mind two months shouldn't be erased by two bad days!!!!!

On that note, I'm looking forward to getting back on track as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning!

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I glanced at your profile, but since your progress their shows "0" lost, I am not sure where you are in terms of your progress. If you fell off the wagon a couple of days, pick up and dust off and climb back in.

It happens to everyone. Bloating is often caused by too much sodium, so push the water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Since you are finished with school for the moment, it gives you more time to exercise, so even if it is just to take a brisk walk--get moving and do something and it will help keep your metabolism up and get you back on track, plus the endorphins that result from exercise will make you feel better.

You only erase your progress if you give up now. So DON"T:flowerforyou:
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    Yes, you're definitely not alone -- I had a rough day today and ended up going over. I've been so good lately, too - tomorrow's a new day, and I'm looking forward to starting over. Chin up, two days won't derail you, just get the train back on the track. :)
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Not alone!!! I feel like I work so hard and have very little loss...that's because I work so hard monday-friday and then blow it all weekend...so in fact I'm only catching back up to where I was before. No loss...just even! kind of stinks. and this month has a ton of parties and other things going on so it's a little more difficult. I'm not ready to put a bathing suit on but the time is coming!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I had even planned on having my weekly high calorie day, but I ended up eating some junk that didn't really satisfy me and now I just feel bloated. It is okay. You have the right attitude about just getting back on the right track.

I have had at least one high calorie day (2000-2500 calories) a week for the past several weeks and I've still been losing a pound a week. One or two off days will not undo your hard work so long as it doesn't become a high calorie week or month. :happy:
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I got home from work on Friday and ate a whole bunch of junk food, then looked at the nutrition info on the package of chips and freaked out. (Apparently 39 cheesies has 300 calories. Ouch.) When I stepped on the scale this morning it said I was down 2.5 lbs, so my bad day didn't seem to affect the overall outcome... I totally get how you feel right now, though. Sometimes an "undo" button in life would be nice, but keep your motivation up and it'll pay off!
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!

I FREAK OUT when I go over my calorie limit by just a few.

Just hang in there.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    When ever I know that I am going to go over I go exercise a bit so that it won't be that bad. Like the other day I would have gone over by like 300-400 cals so I exercised some more so that it wasn't so bad. But even at that a few days isn't going to "undo" progress. Plus when I go over it's motivation for me to keep it under the next day. Like tonight my husband made me homemade turkey pot pie and stuffing and I am so dang full and bloated! But tomorrow is a new day.:wink:
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Yup! I agree with the ones that say, "Just get back on track tomorrow." I know that I totally blew my calorie intake today when I ate out with my husband, but I also know that I've been really good for about 5 months, plus I have already made my salads, etc for tomorrow which will guarantee that I'll be right back on target in the morning no matter what the scale says... And I don't plan to eat out like I did today on a regular basis... We usually only do Sunday "breakfast" and I have poached eggs and an English Muffin; but today just didn't feel like a poached egg/English Muffin day! :laugh:
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone :) I was just feeling disgusting after eating all the unhealthy foods that I'd cut out for the past two months. I just finished a great work out and I'm feeling much better!

As for my weight loss ticker on my profile, I decided not to weigh myself since I started this all so I wouldn't get obsessed and/or feel like I wanted to give up if the numbers weren't what I wanted them to be. I know I've lost weight and inches both from the size of clothes I'm now wearing and by the comments I've gotten from other people.

Thank youuu!
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    Don't worry about those two days. I also had an awful day yesterday.
    Think of it as a treat day and get back on track tomorrow. As long as you're having more good days than bad.
    a few treat days won't make a difference.
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Don't know if you'll appreciate my two cents worth... :laugh: but I pigged out at the local Chinese buffet yesterday, and this morning I was ready for the worst when I stepped on the scale (yup, I'm one of those people who is motivated by stepping on the scale every morning); and yowser dowser - it was a pound down, like someone else mentioned earlier. I must have chosen the right foods to pig out on... :laugh: BUT that doesn't mean I will continue to do so... :happy: The steamed veggies and freshly made "romaine and spinach and veggies" salad are already in my frig for today --- I stayed up late last night making them from fresh. And I'll be cutting up a cantalope as well... Yup, I'm BACK ON ROUTINE, because I want to shed another four pounds... :ohwell: LUV bein' where I'm at and don't want to do something to undo it.......:smile:
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I could have sworn the scales would be 3lb heavier after this weekend (scampi and chips Saturday, big roast dinner Sunday). I even had 2 bars of choccy and 3 redbulls to keep me awake for my long 5 hour drive home at the weekend.

Imagine my surprise when I was 2lb lighter than Friday :noway:

I keep thinking of my sister. She has been super fit her whole life (She's an air stewardess so has to be really). Whenever I see her she pigs out on all kinds of junk. I asked how she could eat every nasty thing on a menu and not gain anything whereas I could eat a pea and gain 4lb.

She said the answer was she rarely did it but enjoyed indulging when out with friends and family. That is the point; it isn't the odd day or weekend but doing that most days. We all have bad days but as long as it isn't lots of bad days it shouldn't matter.