Question for anyone that has Wii Sports Resort??

Options
CinthiaF
CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
I have question to anyone here. How many calories do you think you burn play games on Wii Sports Resort or do you think at you burn as many as you do walking??? :huh: :huh:

Replies

• MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    It's a hard question to answer because it all depends on how hard you work at it. I have Wii Sports and to be totally honest with you, I don't get enough out it and that is because you are stationary for most of the time.

However, if you are wanting to get more out of your Wii Sports, I'd stick with Boxing and just go at it as hard as you can. Or better yet, invest in a Wii Fit. That's next on my list!

Again, I wouldn't know how many calories you'd burn doing boxing. Have you considered getting a Heart Rate Monitor watch?
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    If you can get your hands on wii fit plus, it tells you how many calories you burnt and how many minutes you trained for after each event. Its very handy and a heck of a lot of fun too !!!
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    It's a hard question to answer because it all depends on how hard you work at it. I have Wii Sports and to be totally honest with you, I don't get enough out it and that is because you are stationary for most of the time.

However, if you are wanting to get more out of your Wii Sports, I'd stick with Boxing and just go at it as hard as you can. Or better yet, invest in a Wii Fit. That's next on my list!

Again, I wouldn't know how many calories you'd burn doing boxing. Have you considered getting a Heart Rate Monitor watch?

No i have not that might be a good thing to look into. Thank you

Oh cool thank you karenrme. I am thinking about getting that myself
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If your honest about it and you want a good work out from the wii. Check out EA sports active. This has all the calorie counting/tracking/burning whatever you need. All the excersizes from a 4 min jog/sprint to racketball. It also takes advantage of the wii balance board. http://www.easportsactive.com/home.action
    No offence to anyone, but wii sports is for familys and seniors. not weight loss. Check it out.
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    Thank you Scott_P. I have had a couple of others to suggest that so i will be looking into it :happy:

MiekeJ do you know how much those go for?? :happy:
  • cmgrays
    cmgrays Posts: 1
    Options
    I found this article helpful in calculating how many calories you burn doing Wii Resort....

http://www.fitgameforum.com/review-wii-sports-resort-t537.html