Thursday NSV (Non Scale Victory) Thread

Options
elainecroft
elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
So, last night I rushed back into town late after a conference. Was walking downtown towards my office in my 'I'm tired so going to dress casual" office pants, when I suddenly remember a client meeting I have today. Nothing for it - I'm going to have to stop in and buy some dress pants. I usually buy my pants online at a particular store, because although they fit well, I am usually just one size too big for the size stocked in the store. So I walk around, grab a bunch of pants in 'almost' my size, hoping that at least one will look ok and resolved to buy whichever comes closest to fitting. Go in the fitting room and....

They.

All.

Fit.

I could CHOOSE between the pants, and not just pick the ones that looked the least bad! And now, I'm happy as a clam to be sitting here wearing my brand new trouser pants that I picked out - woot!

What's your NSV this week?

Replies

• WASOLADY
    WASOLADY Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been tracking for 1 week... and that's my NSV! Keeping it up every day!
  • k_hamel
    k_hamel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I decided to try on a pair of pre pregnancy pants even though I wanted to lose 5 more pounds before trying them on, and they fit. So excited.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Way to go Elaine.

My NSV - I have gone walking in the morning every morning since Monday. And it's getting easier to wake up at 5:45am.
  • levelheadedgirl
    Options
    Yesterday the checker at the grocery store where I shop every week said "are you losing weight? because you look wonderful!" It seriously made my day! I also finished day 10 of the 30 Day Shred and am moving on to Level 2 today. Feeling good this week!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i've been sticking to my packed meals!!
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV everyone!

Mine ... today I wore a dress that I wore 3 weeks ago and it has a belt around the waist. My belt is on a smaller loop today than it was then! YAY!
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good job to all of you!!! I love reading NSV's. I just started back up, and honestly don't have one just yet... but, when I do, it will be exciting! I am looking forward to getting into my prepregnancy pants... that will be a good one!
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Mine is similar to yours....this weekend I was able to go into a regular clothing store (not the plus size one I normally have to shop at) and purchase an outfit that was NOT plus size!! I was seriously on the verge of tears!!
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    One of the fitness trainers at the gym who is also a friend said to me in front of one of her clients, "wow, look at those guns" to me. Her client seconded the statement. Carried that with me for the next three days of workouts. Made me push even harder.
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I walked the longest distance I have in over 4 months last night...
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've been having back issues so I ended up getting shots in my back, which requires me to lay on my stomach and get the shots. I was wearing shorts as it's been hot here in Arizona. So when the doctor was done the two nurses are cleaning off the injection spots and putting some bandaids on. One of them was like "are you a hiker?", me "yea, I hike all the time". She "your legs are incredible looking", the other nurse laughed and said she was thinking the same thing..So the hiking, squats and bike time are paying off... :) That made me feel like my hard work is totally paying off....
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went to buy a new suit today, for a wedding I'm attending next weekend, and I've gone down a size in both the trousers (38inch down to 36 inch) and the jacket (42 inch down to 40 inch) and they both fit really nice. I'm well chuffed! :-)
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    My NSV I was having a conversation with my trainer and another trainer at the gym yesterday and for some reason we were talking about the floppy skin on the back of the arm. I made a comment that my skin flaps around a lot, and one of the trainers to me that I have Guns and there is nothing floppy about my arms. Made me proud!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I started watching my diet about a month ago, but only joined here last week so although my ticker shows 1lb lost, I've actually lost 4lbs. The point to that is, since I don't have a whole lot to lose, I was wondering where exactly that weight was coming from - my clothes don't feel like they fit better, waist, hip measurements haven't budged, etc. I thought maybe it was just water loss.

Well, no. I noticed yesterday that my arms seemed a bit more defined. I am reasonably muscular, but it's normally well hidden under fat. So I measured my biceps. I've lost a whole inch in my upper arms, and it wasn't muscle I lost. Yay! Maybe now I'll start losing in other places!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Mine is clothes related too !! the pants in the closet, the ones that had been up on the shelf for 6 weeks since I bought them because, in a rush and they were on clearance, they were my "size" but didnt fit right, today they fit fine!
    oh yeah , and my used to be favorites,
    i cant wear without looking like im trying to "sag" them..

and that is not good look for a 41 year old white woman ,

no matter who you are ...
  • alysnyder
    alysnyder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can jog a mile. I haven't been able to do that since my knee surgeries when I was 15, and am thrilled that running has become an option in my life again.

I started by following this plan: http://www.pincookie.com/couch-to-5k/. I still haven't reached the end of it (5 months later) but the progress is obvious. My first day, I barely made it those first two minutes. Now, 2 minutes is easy, and 20 minutes is hard. Hopefully I'll someday reach that elusive "runners high" that I used to have as a kid.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I upped my weights on shoulder, chest and biceps yesterday in my lifting class.:drinker:

I was over the moon happy about that! Back in November I would leave those classes and cry in the car because I felt so weak and like I would never make progress... so every little plate I add to those bars make me feel like a superstar!

Also, I'm now flitting between size 6 and size 8 (depending on the brand). My post-pregnancy size had settled out at size 14 in November... so I think I'm on pace to be wearing all of my old pants by my return to work date (and daughter's first birthday) of June 8th.

Hopefully by 2014 all of those are too big as well :smile:.
  • smadacarlyle
    smadacarlyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking for 1 week... and that's my NSV! Keeping it up every day!

me too!
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I started at size 22 jeans (and they were stretchy). Yesterday I wore my smallest tightest totally NOT stretchy pair of sixteens! They're still snug-ish, not exactly all-day comfy, but they did not require contortions to get on, weren't hard to close, and it means all my shorts and capris will fit now! (Oh, and my 18s are falling off my hips, literally.)
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This morning I woke up with a flatter stomach! Thanks Jillian Michaels!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!