Almonds?

Options
I was wondering how many is too many?? I love almonds and I find that its hard to stop eating them. Is there an amount that is too many for one persone to eat at any given time. I want to eat healthy but i dont want to over do it ya know!! Thanks for your input!

Replies

• maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The calories add up so be sure to log each one you eat.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many is too many?? I love almonds and I find that its hard to stop eating them. Is there an amount that is too many for one persone to eat at any given time. I want to eat healthy but i dont want to over do it ya know!! Thanks for your input!
    It depends on how many almonds it takes to put you over your calorie goal
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

it's too many if you eat so many that you go over on calories or to stay within your calories you don't eat enough other food to get proper nutrition. But if your diet is otherwise balanced and you have the calories, enjoy your almonds.
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Recommended serving size is 1-1.5 oz (about 23-35 almonds)...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/282187-what-is-a-serving-size-of-almonds/

I find them a very satisfying snack. They also work well as part of a nutritious trail mix. I like to mix almonds with dried goji berries and cacao nibs...
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I eat ~30 for breakfast(my smallest meal) and one yogurt.
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I eat one serving a day, minutes before working out. I buy Diamond brand and I believe one serving is 6 whole almonds. The fat calories add up quickly and they are simply not worth the calories, in my opinion.
  • Mama_Burkhart
    Mama_Burkhart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat one serving a day, minutes before working out. I buy Diamond brand and I believe one serving is 6 whole almonds. The fat calories add up quickly and they are simply not worth the calories, in my opinion.

yea the brand i buy a serving is about 8 almonds and is 160 calories.. but most days i cant really "eat" at work so its easier for me to snack... so i resort to almonds...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

yea the brand i buy a serving is about 8 almonds and is 160 calories.. but most days i cant really "eat" at work so its easier for me to snack... so i resort to almonds...

What is worth the calories is just personal preference anyway. Almonds are definitely worth it to me. So it peanut butter. And wine. Greek yogurt is not.