Trying the "eating more" path!

Options
alg324
alg324 Posts: 8 Member
I don't have a lot to lose; 10-15 stubborn pounds. As soon as I got close to 40, they appeared and have stuck around ever since! I tried starving, Nutri system (disgusting food), Weight Watchers (lost some but not all) and then a bunch of diet books such as "The Plan." Bottom line was none of it really worked. I would give up after a period of time and go back to eating whatever and would usually end up gaining back the little I lost and would own the 10-15 pounds again.

I joined my Fitness Pal a few weeks ago, and entered my goal weight, etc. and was given a 1200 calorie per day limit. Made sense to me. I still didn't lose any weight. So I started to read the forums and there was so much advice about BMR, TDEE and how these are such an important part of any weight loss plan.

I figured everything out yesterday, reconfigured my tools in MFP and have a new daily calorie goal of 1535. (I am 41, 5' 7", 142 lbs, light activity). That still sounds like a lot to me, but so many people cannot be wrong!

I also really need to work on drinking more water during the day. I have never been good about drinking much of anything ... it wouldn't be uncommon for me to have a cup of coffee in the morning and then a can of Diet Pepsi at dinner and that's it! I gave up artificial sweeteners and soda back in January, so now I only drink water and tea. Now I just need to drink more of each!

So now on to seeing if 1535 calories of healthy food works for me. Hopefully I can lose about 8 pounds by the beginning of June and a little over 10 by vacation in July!