Trying the "eating more" path!

Options
I don't have a lot to lose; 10-15 stubborn pounds. As soon as I got close to 40, they appeared and have stuck around ever since! I tried starving, Nutri system (disgusting food), Weight Watchers (lost some but not all) and then a bunch of diet books such as "The Plan." Bottom line was none of it really worked. I would give up after a period of time and go back to eating whatever and would usually end up gaining back the little I lost and would own the 10-15 pounds again.

I joined my Fitness Pal a few weeks ago, and entered my goal weight, etc. and was given a 1200 calorie per day limit. Made sense to me. I still didn't lose any weight. So I started to read the forums and there was so much advice about BMR, TDEE and how these are such an important part of any weight loss plan.

I figured everything out yesterday, reconfigured my tools in MFP and have a new daily calorie goal of 1535. (I am 41, 5' 7", 142 lbs, light activity). That still sounds like a lot to me, but so many people cannot be wrong!

I also really need to work on drinking more water during the day. I have never been good about drinking much of anything ... it wouldn't be uncommon for me to have a cup of coffee in the morning and then a can of Diet Pepsi at dinner and that's it! I gave up artificial sweeteners and soda back in January, so now I only drink water and tea. Now I just need to drink more of each!

So now on to seeing if 1535 calories of healthy food works for me. Hopefully I can lose about 8 pounds by the beginning of June and a little over 10 by vacation in July!

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!! The final pounds are the most stubborn ones but mixing up your approach has had success with others. As well as the upping the calories. I too have done all the diets out there and while they worked - were not easy to stick to. MFP, the other participants and the TDEE- % is the easiest approach yet!