Weekend disaster

KJL35
KJL35 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Why oh why does the weekend hit and all my positive thinking, motivation and determination fly out of the window!! As soon as monday morning comes around again i back to my positive mental attitude!! Drives me insane that i can't keep this up at the weekend to. I seem to be stuck in a rut at the moment :(

Kelly x

Replies

• lilykarger
    lilykarger Posts: 25
    thats what im doing girl!! i took the day off for mothers day and im not looking back lol... p90x resumes monday morning!! dont sweat it just dont give up!
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Oh, I know exactly what you mean!! I sympathise 100%
    I wish I could think of something inspiring that works to suggest for you to try...but I am exactly the same! Monday to Friday - Grilled meats, fish, salads and steamed veg - weekends are 3 course meals at my mum's house, pub lunches and baking cupcakes! :(
    I usually just try to "balance it out" by being really under my calorie goal in the week so that when I'm so over that the weekend it doesn't hurt so much...I know that's not a very good way oof doing things, but it must be better than nothing!?
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    I did the same. :ohwell: Beginning again now.....trying for no cheat days all week......are you with me? :happy:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    When I was still losing weight, I gave myself one cheat day every week or a cheat weekend every two weeks. I still got the weight off. Now that I'm on maintenance, I take weekends off. I've been able to maintain for 3 weeks so far doing this. Don't beat yourself up about it. If you're still losing, it's not a problem. If you find it's keeping you from losing weight, you might want to look at changing some things.
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    I weigh in on the scales 1st thing Monday morning. That way I stay pretty focussed for the whole weekend. If I've been good through the week I try not to wreck it all Sat/Sun and suffer for it Monday morning weigh in.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    I did pretty much the same, good good good RUBBISH I dont know what it is all about for me, got a self destruct button not very well controlled! but I just did one hour of exercise and feel as if I have gone some way to balancing yesterday out...........one day at a time ????????
  • I usually give myself the weekend to not be really strict. That doesn't mean go hog wild. It just means I'm not too particular. (sometimes I don't even post the daily intake for the day) I think that it's good for you to not be so strict every day because your body has a memory. If you eat the same way all the time your body gets accustomed to it. IF you mix it up slightly, your body gets confused. There have been many reports about varying up your exercise so I think "why wouldn't this same principle apply to eating as well. I have been doing this and the scale is steadily going down.

There will be many moments of frustration along the way. Pick yourself up, dust off and get right back on the horse!
  • millymoo81
    millymoo81 Posts: 20 Member
    OMG I feel your pain!

By Friday I'm starting to feel skinnier and healthier and then before you know it I'm laying on the sofa watching a movie with a piece of pizza in my hand!

I wish there was a way of hanging out with the boyfriend on weekends WITHOUT eating the same amount of food as him.
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    I think it's because your name is Kelly and your initials are KJL... I'm Kelly Joyner Lee and have the same problems! :)
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    UGH. i had the same. my pants are tight and i am feeling low.
  • louyboo
    louyboo Posts: 2 Member
    I agree that weighing in first thing on Monday morning is a really good way to keep focussed at the weekend. Knowing i'm going to have to step on those scales as soon as I get up on Monday keeps me conscious of what i'm eating all weekend! Although I do use the weekends as a time to treat myself and have a really yummy meal, although I usually plan this so I don't go off track. I find it helps to be able to plan in something you will really look forward to that way you don't feel like you are depriving yourself of anything. I don't waste this treat on junk food though, I usually have a really gorgeous 3 course meal (including indulgent pudding!) and now I find I don't crave junk at all (it has taken 8 weeks to get to this point but its worth it!). I also tend to snack on fruit and low cal snacks all day at the weekend instead of having a big breaksfast and lunch and save my cals for a lovely meal mid afternoon so that i don't go over (or too far over!) my allowance.

Good luck! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.