Carpet Cleaning - Hire a pro, or rent?

Options
rchupka87
rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
Yesterday was one of the first nice days of spring for us! I decided to open all the windows and doors and let the house air out a bit after such a long winter. We have two dogs - and while they were pups they had a few accidents on the carpet. I spot cleaned and thought it was all cleaned up, but one day of the hot sun beating down on my carpet made my house smell - not so fresh. I want to hire a professional, someone like Stanley Steemer or Windmers to come do it. I hate reading reviews on the companies own website, because you never know if they've been planted or not. Other reviews are 50/50, either excellent or horrible. We thought about renting a rug doctor, and doing it ourselves... but for the time, and the work, and the price... I just don't know.

Any other pet owners ever hired one of these companies? Were you satisfied with the results?

Replies

• this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I bought a carpet cleaner cuz renting is like $50 use and as many accidents my puppy had I figure it would be a wise investment . .
    because I do my carpets 4x a year I save $200, even more if you also paid for any accidents. . however the pup is way better trained then my kid . .so now it's most used to clean up after the kid . .so a pro might be good but maintenance is key to a nice smelling house, so your going have to do it more than 2 a year . . hope that helps and time wise, I can do most 3 rooms in about 2 hrs . .. good luck
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Personally, I rent.