June Starters - May 10

Options
Morning June Starters. Hope everyone had a great weekend and all the moms a wonderful Mother's day.

I weighed in this morning the exact same as last week (148.2) it was disappointing because I was down to 146.8 Saturday morning. It was not unexpected though. I took a weekend off. I did not eat well. I did not exercise. So my exercise goal was I believe 3.5 hours this week, I only put in 2 hours all week. I can't believe it!! But honestly it was nice to take a weekend off entirely.

I got my Polar F6 HRM for Mother's Day so I am looking forward to using it and challenging myself this week. I am setting my exercise goal for 3.5 hour again, I know I can do it!

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good Morning June Starters ... I'm sorry I've been missing in action ... my heart really hasn't been into it. I've been feeling so down and sleepy lately so I've decided to climb back onto the wagon. I always feel so much better when I eat right and exercise. I've missed MFP lately. I'm going to try and read back over the last few weeks to see how things have been going ... I hope you're all doing well.

happy_monday_daisy.JPG
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    saving for later.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'll spend this entire week working off my mother day weekend. lol it was worth it!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Sorry I've been awol for so long! I've been really busy. I've been logging for the most part, but I've had a pretty bad two weeks in terms of eating. Now I'm leaving on a work trip for a week where the eating there will be worse. Oh well, I have to take it in stride and not throw in the towel!
  • magglett
    Options
    Man oh man ... allergy season is such a challenge this year. My head was stuffed and my eyes were so itchy so a friend gave me an allergy pill. I could just crawl up under my desk here and sleep the afternoon away ... Non Drowsy my patootie!!!

sleepy1.jpg
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Busymom - Me too!! It was worth it here to though.

schlieffen- have a good business trip. Do what you can do, but don't beat yourself up if you slip. As long as you refuse to throw in the towel you will be just fine.

Maggs- Glad to see you here. Sorry you are still having some trouble. It is hard to get re-motivated, but you can do it. One day at a time. Try to focus on small changes and short term goals. The big picture is much harder to focus on. You can do this!! As for the allergies... Have you tried Claritin 24 formula? My son has really bad allergies in spring and fall, this works for him without making him drowsy. I have him take it in the morning because when he was taking it later in the day his sleep was broken. I recommended them to a friend last year that had tried everything and was miserable she says the same as my son. ( I believe she said she would marry them if it were possible) Worth a try if you haven't done so already.
  • magglett
    Options
    Have you tried Claritin 24 formula? My son has really bad allergies in spring and fall, this works for him without making him drowsy. I have him take it in the morning because when he was taking it later in the day his sleep was broken. I recommended them to a friend last year that had tried everything and was miserable she says the same as my son. ( I believe she said she would marry them if it were possible) Worth a try if you haven't done so already.

Momto4wifeto1 ... thanks for the tip ... I'll pick some up on the way home. I hate this drowsy feeling ... it makes it hard to get through the work day ... so if this other stuff doesn't do that I'm in :yawn:
  • magglett
    Options
    Have you tried Claritin 24 formula? My son has really bad allergies in spring and fall, this works for him without making him drowsy. I have him take it in the morning because when he was taking it later in the day his sleep was broken. I recommended them to a friend last year that had tried everything and was miserable she says the same as my son. ( I believe she said she would marry them if it were possible) Worth a try if you haven't done so already.

Momto4wifeto1 ... thanks for the tip ... I'll pick some up on the way home. I hate this drowsy feeling ... it makes it hard to get through the work day ... so if this other stuff doesn't do that I'm in :yawn:

Okay ... so I did pick up the Claritin 24 on my way home yesterday and I took one this morning :happy: it really does help with the stuffy head and itchy eyes, my head is way clearer ... but man ... I'm sweating ... not badly ... but I am sweating. Probably just my body getting used to the pills since I usually avoid them. I'll take the sweat since I feel 20 times better then yesterday ... thanks again Momto4wifeto1 :flowerforyou:
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    Glad it helped Maggs! :smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just got home from staying with my Mom for a few days. Ate horribleeeee hehehhe but I'm back on the wagon now! I had to get some allergy meds too. Luckily I have this app on my iphone that can tell me certain things about medications and I was able to pick out an anti-histamine that didn't make me drowsy (Loratidine). Hooray for my knowledge being of some use! :laugh:
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry i missed weigh in last week I was doing double shifts at work and utterly exhausted. I did weigh myself on friday though and actually made it to a healthy weight. Ate badly over the weekend though so i'm expecting a gain and back to overweight. lol.
    I can't believe it its started snowing outside. I have had enough of the cold weather and snow this year. not fair.:grumble:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Aw- Keep the snow away from us please!!! I'm ready for summer! We haven't even been able to enjoy our bikes because of the weather. :sad:

Everything makes me drowsy! I've tried it all! I just suffer through it now. (Or take it at night and hope it still helps when I get up. lol)

I have my grandpa's 75th birthday party this weekend. I wanted to be 140 by then. I'll be lucky to hit 150. BUT- I tried on the outfit I picked out a few months ago for this and it fits PERFECT. Like- WHOA perfect! lol I'm way too excited. So what did I do??? I had a turtle sundae and skipped my 2nd workout. :noway: :noway: I WILL NOT SETTLE AT THIS SIZE/WEIGHT! I am NOT done! I'm back on track today and I WILL hit 150 Friday morning when I weigh myself. I WILL.
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi there my June Starter Friends!! Well ... 1½ hours 'til go home time ... woo hoo!!

happy_wednesday.gif
  • magglett
    Options
    Sorry guys ... I was just trying to delete an entry here and I couldn't figure out how. If any of you know how please let me know. I deleted what I had typed here and tried to leave it blank but it wouldn't let me so now I'm basically rambling to fill something in here so that it will let me save the changes. Sorry for wasting your time. I hope your evening is going well :flowerforyou:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    weigh in time

LW:192.5
    CW: 190.0

When I first stepped on the scale it was 189.5, but I tried again before I left and it was up to 190 so I'm going with that.

I did the 30 day shred last night and wow it's a lot harder when you actually use hand weights :noway:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Ug I pre-weighed today and I'm up .3 lbs. I threw a huge hissy fit and then I realised Aunt Flo came to visit. :indifferent: I hate Aunt Flo.

Hopefully by tomorrow I can lose the water weight. I SOOOOO BAD want to see 150. Even if it's 150.9!!! just 1 5 0 !!
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    Shanna- great job! I am doing the shred right now. I just started level 2, it is a challenge to say the least. I am still only using 3 lb hand weights. I think once I finish all 3 levels I will do it again but with 5 lbs. I am a wimp, with no arm strength to speak of!

Busymom- That stinks. I hope some of that water weight goes away for you. I know how much you want that 150.
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    Well I may be insane but I have started a challenge with my husband. We are competing to see which one of us can get closest to 10% weight loss starting today, going until July 23. I think I have the advantage of needing to still lose at least 10% and he really doesn't need to lose any in my opinion. Yes his BMI is in overweight but he is very muscular so I can't imagine him doing it. We will see I guess.

So I need to think of what I want (if and when I win). Initially I said if he won we would go away to see a football game for his favorite team and if I win we would do a romantic resort for a weekend. I think either way he wins though. Any ideas what I should set the stakes at.

I so have this. He thinks I will never do it since I have already lost 40 pounds. He said he feels like he is setting me up for failure. I think he forgets just how competitive I am. Every time I even think about going over my numbers I am going to remember how much I love the taste of victory.
  • magglett
    Options
    Well I may be insane but I have started a challenge with my husband. We are competing to see which one of us can get closest to 10% weight loss starting today, going until July 23. I think I have the advantage of needing to still lose at least 10% and he really doesn't need to lose any in my opinion. Yes his BMI is in overweight but he is very muscular so I can't imagine him doing it. We will see I guess.

So I need to think of what I want (if and when I win). Initially I said if he won we would go away to see a football game for his favorite team and if I win we would do a romantic resort for a weekend. I think either way he wins though. Any ideas what I should set the stakes at.

I so have this. He thinks I will never do it since I have already lost 40 pounds. He said he feels like he is setting me up for failure. I think he forgets just how competitive I am. Every time I even think about going over my numbers I am going to remember how much I love the taste of victory.

Good luck with that my friend ... I love it when I prove the hubby wrong :devil:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    Shanna- great job! I am doing the shred right now. I just started level 2, it is a challenge to say the least. I am still only using 3 lb hand weights. I think once I finish all 3 levels I will do it again but with 5 lbs. I am a wimp, with no arm strength to speak of!

Busymom- That stinks. I hope some of that water weight goes away for you. I know how much you want that 150.

hmm i only have 5 lb weights. Maybe that's my problem :ohwell: