Fruit eater struggling with Sugar numbers

Options
While I understand that the body makes little differentiation between types of sugars, I'm frustrated that I while I am doing fine with my calorie intake, I am exceeding my sugar goal every single day, primarily because of my fruit intake! Should I be stressed out about this, or just ignore the sugar numbers coming from whole foods and stick with my caloric goals? Argh?!?!

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to limit sugar, I would not worry about it at all. If you are sick of looking at the red numbers, change your goals. :happy:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    MFP's recommendation for sugar is based on the AHA's recommendation for added sugar. If you eat fruit, you're always going to be over. To my knowledge there is no recommendation for total sugar. The recommendation for added sugar is largely do to the obesity epidemic and the over consumption of high fructose corn syrup and added/refined sugars in processed foods.

Eat your fruit...enjoy...I hardly think eating too much fruit is the reason for the obesity epidemic.
  • gsstaley
    gsstaley Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks! :smile: