Women in early 30's who are SUCCESSFULLY losing weight?

Options
I think I need to see what other women with my kind of metabolism are doing. I would love to have some new friends to model after if anyone wants to friend me! :happy: :flowerforyou:

(I had to add this edit after all these posts! I am so surprised by how many people are here for each others support! Thank you all so much and hopefully I can learn something from all of you.)

Replies

• EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'm early thirties. Doing ok... 12lb down so far, shooting for 20lb altogether. These last few pounds are proving quite hard but I'm determined.

Feel free to add me :)
  • i_luv_irs
    i_luv_irs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not early 30's but rather mid. However I'm losing weight at an acceptable rate and also losing inches. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I am 34. Started out in March 2012, with 82 lbs to lose.
    Since then I have lost 41 lbs. It was steady at first, but since December it has been PAINFULLY slow.
    I am still only about halfway there, and hope to reach my goal by March 2014.

I lost 72 lbs in less than year back when I was about 25 years old. It was SO easy back then.
  • Schmidt722
    Schmidt722 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 32. I have a 17 lb weight loss goal and have lost 5-6 lbs since I started just under a month ago. Feel free to add me if you like, my diary is open. :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    im 39 and doing just fine. Ive lost 5 lbs in the last 3 months, not trying very hard.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    37 yr old yo yo dieter here :) LOL - I have tried them all but MFP has been the one that makes the most sense to me (I use tdee-%) method.
    I stalled out using 1200 cals - and would not lose or gain so i switched it

I now have close to 1500 cals as I can get - do not eat my cals back but I use Zumba every day. The first week I changed to tdee- % I lost 3 lbs :)

Over all since Jan 1 I have lost 14 lbs - was easier and faster years ago but we can still lose now!
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    Me! I'm 32. I started on 2/13/13.

Fingers crossed, my ticker will say 20+ lost by next week!
  • Jstarr77
    Jstarr77 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm 35...would love to be added
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    31 year old, losing fat and inches, not dwelling on what the scale says as much as how my clothes fit. Full details are in my profile - always happy to support!
  • stephanieogle35
    Options
    I'm 30, and just over halfway to my weight loss goal. I'm a SAHM who also does in-home daycare, so I really struggle with mindless grazing all day long and/or cleaning the kids' plates. Will send a request.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Friend Request sent :flowerforyou:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm approaching my 30s (I'm 28) and I'm down 45 of 80lbs!
  • jotero0406
    Options
    I'm 33, 5'6", started @ 198 around this time last year. I've lost 41lbs, my goal is to get to 155. :smile:
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I a 37 years old more later 30's. I went from 220 this time last year down to 175 pounds. before the 220 pounds I weighed 250 pounds.i am still a work in progress working on my eating habits.
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, so I'm not early 30's, but I'm successfully losing weight at my old age :D Lately I haven't been working out as much and have been eating at my maintenance calories, which is 2050, and I haven't gained any weight. Still fit into my size 6's and 8's. So I think of myself as successful.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and trying to lose the last stone, which I keep hearing is definitely the hardest and sure enough I seem to have come to a halt. But I keep mixing things up in the hope that I'll hit on the answer at some point. I guess it just requires a lot of patience!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just turned 34 years old in March and I have lost quite a bit, even with an underactive thyroid and little working outs. However, I have really just concentrated on healthy eating, not going over my calories too much and keeping my mind occupied and not thinking about food. When I am able to work out, it is just twice a week for an hour a piece. Sometimes, when I am in the mood, I will listen to music and dance to 6-five minute videos. I am so happy thus far, I just hope once I get down to my ideal weight that I can maintain that weight with no problems.
  • sammyvan104
    sammyvan104 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    37 yr old yo yo dieter here :) LOL - I have tried them all but MFP has been the one that makes the most sense to me (I use tdee-%) method.
    I stalled out using 1200 cals - and would not lose or gain so i switched it

I now have close to 1500 cals as I can get - do not eat my cals back but I use Zumba every day. The first week I changed to tdee- % I lost 3 lbs :)

Over all since Jan 1 I have lost 14 lbs - was easier and faster years ago but we can still lose now!

Hi - I am new to this -just joined- what is tree-%
    I'm 38 trying to lose 15 pounds -I should eat about 1250 calories which seems really low . . . maybe I should try for 1400 because I don't think I'm going to be very successful otherwise . . . also trying to do 30 day shred everyday and hoping for better weather so I can walk
  • Lsadlier77
    Lsadlier77 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am 35, I lost weight so quickly when I was in my 20's but it is a lot slower now. However that could be to me faffing about and being great for a few weeks then pigging out....think I need to give myself a good talking to lol :p
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and have lost 15 lbs since November but for the last three months I've been stuck on this stupid plateau. Feel free to add me.