YOGA!!!

Options
Ok, so I'm looking to start doing yoga in the evenings before bed. Wind down, loosen up the muscles...all that good stuff. However, I have no way of getting out of my house to participate in classes for the most part. Does anyone have suggestions for DVDs I should try? I've been wanting to try the Lululemon yoga sessions on Sunday mornings but well, that hasn't happened yet. LOL :tongue:

Replies

• Flash4wrd
    Flash4wrd Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't know but I am interested in this as well so if I find anything good I will let you know.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I will let you know as well! I think I will go search for some this weekend after I do research.
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a great yoga video that is not high impact or high cardio... it is Yin Yoga which is more stretching/holding poses. I burn about the same amount doing the whole 60 minute program as what I burn doing 30DS, but it is such a great, relaxing way to get some movement in.

Deep Stretch/ Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire

If you want to try it first, you can "rent" it from Amazon for $1.99 for seven days.
  • brodo87
    brodo87 Posts: 21
    Options
    I've started trying Hot Yoga (I swear I must look like the most feminine male on this website!) to help with my flexibility and movement for Hockey. it is INCREDIBLE. helps with the joints and overall makes you feel amazing! (plus being one of the only guys in the class doesn't hurt :p). from what I've seen, the Jillian Michaels has a great DVD you can get for at home yoga! give that a look!
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I've started trying Hot Yoga (I swear I must look like the most feminine male on this website!) to help with my flexibility and movement for Hockey. it is INCREDIBLE. helps with the joints and overall makes you feel amazing! (plus being one of the only guys in the class doesn't hurt :p). from what I've seen, the Jillian Michaels has a great DVD you can get for at home yoga! give that a look!

Hehehe!!! You may have become one of my favourite people! I've wanted to try Hot Yoga too, everyone says it's fabulous! If Jillian does a video I'm all over it!

Mariacupp- I'll check that one out too!
  • Sarah_cm
    Sarah_cm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Yoga at home for over 2 years now and I have two Yoga DVDs. One is Total Yoga - Flow Series, by Tracy Rich and Ganga White. It's brill as it has 4 discs, introduction to yoga, earth (level1), water (level2) and fire (advanced). They are all really good and I used these to start and then worked through the discs as I progressed. There are also bonus exercises and it teaches you how to breath properly too. I then bought Daily Energy about 3 months ago by Shiva Rea which knocks it up a gear. It also has a matrix so you can mix and match your sessions. So I have the choice, if I feel tired I can do a relaxing session or if I am full of energy I can go for it with a hard one. I hope you find one that works for you. :)
  • Sarah_cm
    Options
    I have been doing Yoga at home for over 2 years now and I have two Yoga DVDs. One is Total Yoga - Flow Series, by Tracy Rich and Ganga White. It's brill as it has 4 discs, introduction to yoga, earth (level1), water (level2) and fire (advanced). They are all really good and I used these to start and then worked through the discs as I progressed. There are also bonus exercises and it teaches you how to breath properly too. I then bought Daily Energy about 3 months ago by Shiva Rea which knocks it up a gear. It also has a matrix so you can mix and match your sessions. So I have the choice, if I feel tired I can do a relaxing session or if I am full of energy I can go for it with a hard one. I hope you find one that works for you. :smile:
  • Sarah_cm
    Options
    I have been doing Yoga at home for over 2 years now and I have two Yoga DVDs. One is Total Yoga - Flow Series, by Tracy Rich and Ganga White. It's brill as it has 4 discs, introduction to yoga, earth (level1), water (level2) and fire (advanced). They are all really good and I used these to start and then worked through the discs as I progressed. There are also bonus exercises and it teaches you how to breath properly too. I then bought Daily Energy about 3 months ago by Shiva Rea which knocks it up a gear. It also has a matrix so you can mix and match your sessions. So I have the choice, if I feel tired I can do a relaxing session or if I am full of energy I can go for it with a hard one. I hope you find one that works for you. :)
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As mentioned before, there is Jillian Michaels yoga, I also do the P90X yoga and looking forward to ordering the Zuzka Light yoga DVD (zuzkalight.com) - that last one sounds like it's my type of yoga - sweaty, tough, but fun :)
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPad, I highly recommend an app All-in YOGA HD. It's brilliant, it has hundreds of poses with videos of how to correctly do them, pictures of which muscles they affect (I find it interesting and very useful) and you then have at least 20 different programs, depending on your level and which body parts you are trying to stretch and tone. Some of the programs are short (ie. Sun Salutations) and can be done in the mornings or evenings, when you don't have enough time, and some of them are longer and perfect for when you want a proper workout. They also have a choice of music and they are just easy to follow!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I found this great video for night time on yogajournal.com
    Hope this link works
    http://www.yogajournal.com/video/205
    If not it's in the asana beginner and is titled evening sequence. Great for winding down.

Hope this helps.
    x
  • hj47
    hj47 Posts: 9
    Options
    Your post made me laugh - never a bad thing! Good for you for getting into yoga. I'm a runner and I'm positive that my weekly yoga helps my joints.