Help! Need Indoor Exercises with no equipment

Options
2»

Replies

• 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Go to the Livestrong Woman Youtube site for videos. Also, it's amazing the amount of resistance and stretch you can get using a Pilates video with Stretch Band! My muscles are more sore the next day after that workout than with weights. It really stretches you!
  • gilberts3
    gilberts3 Posts: 37
    Options
    you can do leg lifts sit ups squats you can use cans for weights and walking or running in place
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Mountain Climbers, Push Ups, Walking Lunges, Squats. You can use almost anything around the house for weights as well like water bottles, laundry detergent, can goods, bag of dog food, etc....

this, mostly. When I don't feel like using weights i'll make up something like:

2 Minute Warning
    2 minutes each of:

jumping jacks
    pushups
    air squats
    mountain climbers
    burpees

i do this circuit 2x. takes 20 minutes....plus 10-15 minutes of warmup/cooldown

I used to do crossfit a couple years ago, and we did mostly this kind of stuff (with some oly lifts thrown in of course) but i was paying 99/month and i'm like jeez i can do this wherever for free LOL
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    Kickboxing dvd burns a lot of calories! Thats how i lost almost all my weight on. I also did walking to but i think kickboxing burns a lot of calories:)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing dvd burns a lot of calories! Thats how i lost almost all my weight on. I also did walking to but i think kickboxing burns a lot of calories:)

I second this, just starting out you can throw on some music and just do different intervals of punching,
    jumping rope, side to side, squat +side kicks - great for the whole glutes/thigh area, alternating front kicks- hold in your core while you do all of this,great ab workout too.

if you decide you really like this kind of thing, people often sell punching bags on craigslist. there are different kinds, but
    most likely your cheapest option is the standing bag like a wave master. you just put in sand or water to keep it in place, and
    get punching. it doesn't take up much space, and it's not very expensive. just a great all around workout that is fun.
    there are also weighted gloves you can get to use even if you're just doing air punches in your room.
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/

you can do it all inside and while they DO use equipment sometimes... you can just do body weight... :)
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    pushups
    high knees
    but kicks
    lunges
    squats
    burpees
    calf raisers
    arm circles (forward and backward)
    push ups on the wall
    tricep dips on the floor or using a chair
    jump squats
    jumping jacks
    planks
    crunches

make a circuit with some of these and go through it three times
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! Some of the suggestions had me hitting my head saying, "I should've had a V-8!" So obvious that it took someone else to mention it :)
  • egluzelle
    Options
    Hi there ;)
    Have a look at http://www.dailyhiit.com and http://zuzkalight.com/ it's free and the workouts are great. Some of them are with equipment like dumbells or sand bag, but there's plenty only body weight exercises as well. It' mainly based as hiit workouts that are not that long so you can keep it short or push yourself more by doing extra. ;)