Bad bad red flag run away?

Options
I have a friend with whom I am 'close' except it's probably not a genuine closeness as we haven't known each other more than a few months, but we're both pretty chill with just hanging out and doing nothing and more recently been sharing physical affection.

Today he invites me to come and hang out, I've got work though so, I get in touch with him after, ask if he's still up, still wants company. He sends back a txt saying yes and to come and meet him at his work and we'll go from there. When I get there he tells me I can take his house keys and let myself into his place, he'll be there later, maybe 40, 60 minutes. It turns out that he and his friend have found a bunch of computers and phones in a dumpster and they want to check it out. When I ask if I can come with (cos why would I want to go to his place if he isn't there?!) it is made clear that this is not an open invite adventure. So I tell him I'd rather go home than his place (but what I'm really thinking is I'd rather hang around and join them on dumpster diving adventure).

Is it reasonable to be cheesed off about being invited in and then sent home? (Or off to his place to wait for him o.O is that even worse?!) I feel like they're excluding me cos they don't see me as equal/and or annoyed that my friend would say yes, let's hang out and then try and send me to his place to wait for him while he goes and plays with shiny objects.

I should add, this all happened around 1am, and he's getting up early to catch a flight tomorrow, so let's say I did go back to his place for argument's sake, what would be the point if he's back later than me and up early and leaving again the next morning?!

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    booty call
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    booty call

This
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    lmao wow

Stay away, he's not that into you and you're just going to end up hurt.
  • Leeeeelith
    Options
    lmao wow

Stay away, he's not that into you and you're just going to end up hurt.

Yeees, this one!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really sound to me like you are really friends of any kind... it's just a booty call, and if you're this annoyed with the current situation, you need to run for the hills because you may have already gotten attached and that is most definitely what he is wanting. (I've unfortunately had this experience, both sides)
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You're a booty call and there's nothing wrong with that unless you don't want to be one.
  • Fiesty1006
    Fiesty1006 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You already answered this:
    what would be the point if he's back later than me and up early and leaving again the next morning?!

with this statement:
    more recently been sharing physical affection.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Do you want more? because you need to tell him that then. If not, then take the booty call, but don't sit around waiting for him...tell him he can meet you at your house for some tail and to bring his bags for the morning. That way you don't have to drag your *kitten* out of bed at stupid o'clock in the morning when he has to leave.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yup unless you dont mind being a piece of azz for the night or he makes you so weak in the knees being that piece is worth it, he isn't a friend he's just a rent-a-wiener. If he saw you as a friend he would include you.
  • Leeeeelith
    Options
    Booty call - yes

friend - negatory

The booty call thing's def mutual but I am def also cut about being sent home so, running away now.

Do love having access to everyone's objectivity. Thank yoooooou
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    He wants to be with his friend and not you. Big deal. And yes, it's a booty call. This isn't complicated. Running away from that 'red flag" yet the booty call is mutual...oookk then.
  • Leeeeelith
    Options
    We've never actually done it (been researching this booty call thing). And we've hung out without affection more often than with - so, forgive me for mistaking it for a friendship and being disappointed when it turns out it's not.