Share your Veggie Juice Recipes!!

If you could share some veggie-based juice recipes I'd be so appreciative! I'm allergic to celery, carrots, and apples, so I can't eat those but would like some recipes that include other things. I also don't have a juicer, just a blender and a magic bullet blender so I'll be using that, not sure if it matters. I have never really done this before, only with fruit, so I want to do mainly vegetable-based drinks.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I'm starting to juice more now, but my favorite and only recipe I know has all 3 of those ingredients in it. Try ordering a juicing/green juice book from the library. Also - google. And, I love pinterest, and find a lot of green juice recipes on there. You might like to focus on things like using cucumbers with a little bit of ginger root, oranges (to sweeten), kale (if you have that kind of juicer) and other leaves, cabbage, and I LOVE using beets. Experiment!!

Also, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/328-juice-fasting-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead
  • courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    I'm starting to juice more now, but my favorite and only recipe I know has all 3 of those ingredients in it. Try ordering a juicing/green juice book from the library. Also - google. And, I love pinterest, and find a lot of green juice recipes on there. You might like to focus on things like using cucumbers with a little bit of ginger root, oranges (to sweeten), kale (if you have that kind of juicer) and other leaves, cabbage, and I LOVE using beets. Experiment!!

Also, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/328-juice-fasting-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead

Thanks! I am thinking of incorporating juice into my diet. I know a lot of people do it for cleansing/fasting but I think it can be a good addition to an already healthy diet. Thanks for the ideas!
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Smoothie
    1.5 cup spinach
    1tsp maca root powder
    1/3 cucumber
    1/2 lemon
    1 peach (frozen works)

or

1 banana
    5 or 6 frozen strawberries
    1 scoop body fortress chocolate peanut butter protein powder (or any kind you like)
    1tsp maca root powder
    1 cup almond milk (you can use more or less to desired consistency)
  • I start with one cup or so of almond or coconut milk. I always add one cup of non fat plain greek yogurt and one T of flax oil and i always add at least one cup of greens (frozen Kale, spinach or collard greens) or most recently, fresh dandelion greens. After that, I add some combination of the following: blueberries, raspberries, black berries, strawberries, 1/2 banana, cucumbers, mango or green grapes. Just depends on my mood. Also--recently I started using P2B-the powdered peanut butter. Good with the banana! OH--ALSO- if the smoothie is too runny, I add some dry chia seeds. Enjoy!!

P.s. I only use a blender!