What is something fitness oriented YOU want to do?

Options

Replies

• lbdc05
    lbdc05 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really want to be able to do a pull-up with out assistance. :embarassed: haha. I know that's pretty lame, but, yeah...
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    In the weight room, I'm trying to do my first pull ups ever! (just mastered push ups about 2 months ago hooray!)

Fitness wise, I just signed up for my first marathon in october. Who knows how I'm going to get my mileage that high, but I'm gonna try!!!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My goal (and I know this sounds stupid after others are like "I wanna climb a mountain while doing a marathon") but I would honestly just like to be able to RUN a 5K. That's it - a normal 5K with no obstacles or mud (never doing THAT again!). I hope that once I get to my goal weight my boobs will shrink enough that I can get a good supportive sports bra and actually be able to RUN without bouncing all over.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    7 rounds of golf in 5 days on a trip to Punta Cana this November. Training like a wild woman. If you've never played this obviously sounds like a joke, if you've played... you understand my paralyzing fear. :D

LOL I used to play. I get it
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Run a marathon. But I have to increase my weekly mileage to do that, which is hard as a single mom without a lot of time for more running.

So my fitness goal is actually to cut out one subway ride a day by running to or from work (5 miles) and still do a long run on the weekends.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My big goal is to lose enough weight and gain enough muscle to do a pull up. I've never been able to do one, ever.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    These are my mini goals, I'll have more when I'm done with them! I suspect that when I start lifting (a week from now!!) I'm going to be adding some weightlifting goals as well.

-5k (I'm signed up for three! The first one is less than a month away holy crap!)

-20 push ups

-5 chin ups

-Handstand
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My goal (and I know this sounds stupid after others are like "I wanna climb a mountain while doing a marathon") but I would honestly just like to be able to RUN a 5K. That's it - a normal 5K with no obstacles or mud (never doing THAT again!). I hope that once I get to my goal weight my boobs will shrink enough that I can get a good supportive sports bra and actually be able to RUN without bouncing all over.

Hey the OP asked for YOUR fitness oriented goal. This is yours. It's important to you and that's all that matters. I did my first 5k in March and that's all it was. Just a 5k and I loved every single exhilarating second of it!!

However, I have lost a ton of weight and still haven't lost much in the boob department :( I hope you have better luck than me.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    My big goal is to lose enough weight and gain enough muscle to do a pull up. I've never been able to do one, ever.
    I did a pull-up... once... I think the year was 1981 or '82... I remember it like it was... yesterday... yesterday... yesterday... <80's sitcom flashback A/V effects>

Also, completing a 5K (without any walking) would be nice. I've NEVER been a jogger/runner. Even the elementary school "600 yard walk/run" done LONG before I became obese, I walked the 2nd half of it.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to get bk to my old weights or heavier in body pump!
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    One. Yup, just ONE Chin up and ONE Over and Under handed unassisted pullup :) - That's it for now!
  • xDaniix
    xDaniix Posts: 51
    Options
    Run a 5k Before the end of the summer, i only ever run on my treadmill :)
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to run again just to run without being out of breath. When my grandsons ask me to walk with them to do so with out worry if I'll not be able to keep.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options

I know same here. I've been doing weights and feeling super strong recently, but when I jump onto that bar I just dangle there. So disheartening...
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Swim 500 meters without stopping...
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Running my first 5k this year without walking. Currently on c25K training.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My object to become proficient at Nordic Walking. Another MFP friend does this and I got interested. Taking some classes locally and it suits my problems (joints, arthritis etc) because its so low impact but very aerobic.
    If I get REALLY good, and when I reach my target, I may take the instructor's course.
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'll be participating in my 2nd 5k this weekend (did one at this time last year) so I want to improve my time as much as possible. I'll actually be walking and jogging this time since I'm 80 lbs lighter than last year. If things go well, I'll do another 5K next month. A true goal is to be able to do pull ups / chin ups. I've never been able to do one. I can do push ups and dips now, so pull ups here I come!
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Completed:
    I just passed my department's SWAT physical test - it was tough.

In progress:
    Currently studying to become Certified as a Personal Trainer.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    CHIN-UPS. Unassisted anyway. I can do 10 assisted chin-ups, but then when I try all on my own, I barely squeeze out one and a half. ;____; And don't even get me started on pull-ups... :grumble: