Eating all the calories

kirstyleed
kirstyleed Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi

A quick question if you don't mind. Adding up the calories I have eaten today and the calories I will eat today I will have undereaten by 300 calories; this is without the planned exercise.

Normally I wouldn't bother eating them - but in the vein of being 'sensible' can I ask for other's feedback please.

Thank you

Kirstylee

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    The first questions is are you set up to loose weight each week? If so MFP puts you in a caloric deficit already, and if you have 300 left to eat you would be further into a deficit, which may not be good for your metabolism if you are in a large deficit day after day for a period of time. That being said, 1 day should not make a difference but in general you should eat all of your calories as outlined by MFP in order to achieve your goal.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    The first questions is are you set up to loose weight each week? If so MFP puts you in a caloric deficit already, and if you have 300 left to eat you would be further into a deficit, which may not be good for your metabolism if you are in a large deficit day after day for a period of time. That being said, 1 day should not make a difference but in general you should eat all of your calories as outlined by MFP in order to achieve your goal.
    Agree.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    I agree with the 2 above posts. You should eat your calories per day and not go under on a regular basis. If you do so, your body will go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down which in turn will stop the weight loss. I think if you fluctuate and eat under 1 day you should be fine, but not if you do it constantly.
  • kirstyleed
    kirstyleed Posts: 9
    Thanks for your comments - very helpful.

Kirstylee
This discussion has been closed.