What are you eating for breakfast ?

Options

Replies

• JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    Something I've been enjoying lately is quick oats cooked with unsweetened almond milk and mix in a mashed banana. It's sugar free (minus the natural sugar in the banana, and is really yummy.

I couldn't stand the unsweetened milk. I use the regular vanilla milk but instead of whole cup milk with half cup oats, I use 2/3 cup. I also sprinkle cinnamon. I will try mashed up banana

The unsweetened I prefer over the vanilla. I didn't want the added sugar. But the banana gives just enough sweetness for me. And the almond mil of course makes the oats almost "creamy" vs with water. :) Let me know what you think!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'm not always hungry when I first get up so I'll usually grab a banana or maybe some oatmeal. I also don't always have "breakfast" foods sometimes I just heat up leftovers from dinner before or make a turkey and sharp cheddar sandwich.
  • RxVirus
    RxVirus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat breakfast because I don't wake up early enough but when I do it's usually just banana with iced coffee or apple with iced coffee. I sometimes eat a piece of toast with olive oil on the side of cream of wheat too <3 and a glass of grapefruit juice.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning its oatmeal made with semi-skimmed milk and a cup of tea. Sometimes I go wild and have branflakes or toast and peanut butter.

On a Saturday I usually do us a cooked brunch- bacon rolls or pancakes or scrambled eggs on toast or french toast. We have that at about 11am and it does for breakfast AND lunch.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Religiously every morning:

1 slice whole wheat toast
    3 thin slices turkey breast
    1 whole egg cooked in the microwave for 1 min (comes out like a fried egg without the grease)
    1 slice mild cheddar thin slice
    230 cals 18 protein 21 carbs 9 fat

and sometimes I will add spinach or a few slices of whatever veggie I'm craving.

On the weekdays I eat as I leaving the house to drop the kids off at school at 6:30 and I won't start feelng hungry until maybe 11:30 or 12:00 if I forget to eat my snack at 9. (I eat every 2-3 hrs)
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Depends on day and time available.
    Bagel
    toast and marmite
    porridge

Very occasionally I'll do Greek yogurt pancakes, but that's a special weekend treat.
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a little pot of porridge oats or Quaker oat breakfast biscuits. :)
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean with Skim Milk
  • McMillen93
    Options
    If I do actually eat breakfast it's either
    - whole grain bagel with nothing on it
    - or a two mothers Raw bar.
    normally though I just grab a coffee and head on my way.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Sandwich with BBQ chicken and herb mayo along with a cup of French Earl Grey.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I dislike eating in the morning but if I skip then I'm ravenous at lunch so its a necessary evil. I eat what I can easily stuff inmymouth on the way to work: a banana or beef jerky.
  • ainsleybtown
    Options
    I am on a smoothie kick. Either green smoothie, with spinach, kale and whatever fruit I have and a little protein powder, or banana smoothie whey protein, almond butter, almond milk and water. DELICIOUS and satisfying.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 2 eggs scrambled with 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half & 1/2 cup spinach - yummy! No cheese & no toast. Tomorrow I'll have oatmeal with a TBS of craisins & almonds tossed in
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I had three pieces of French toast featuring low calorie, no sugar bread, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and egg whites. Last year, I'd have scoffed at such a thing, but it was actually quite good (better than most of the French toast I've had previously). I sprinkled on some cinnamon and even allowed myself a little lite whipped cream.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    black coffee
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Farm fresh eggs, from my own hens, scrambled with salsa and hot sauce is a favorite of mine- when I end up selling most of the eggs I resort to a chocolate whey, frozen banana, coconut milk smoothie- I have about 15 minutes each morning to cook and eat breakfast and these two fit the bill.
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When I actually get up and cook, it's 2 eggs sunny side up, 2 slices of soy bacon, 4 oz of vegetable juice, and coffee with soy creamer and agave nectar.

When I don't get up in time to cook, it's whole grain cereal with almond milk or a protein bar on the way out the door.

When I'm treating myself, it's a bagel with light cream cheese and coffee with half and half and sugar. That doesn't happen very often, though.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    usually the same thing too lol. i rotate between:
    oatmeal with applesauce cinnamon and stevia
    oatmeal with pb and syrup
    oatmeal with pb and chocolate protein powder
    greek yogurt and fruit
    chocolate protein powder and coconut milk
    life cereal and coconut milk
    if im not lazy, then an egg sammich with cream cheese on a bagel thin and if i have it, add avocado
    sometimes i make waffles but im lazy to clean the waffle maker lol
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    porridge
    protein shake
  • Greenapple35
    Options
    Special K with semi skimmed milk