Closet Shopping!

Options

Replies

• Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    We just moved into a new apartment. All of my clothes got mixed up by the time they got to the new closet. I was looking for a pair of jeans to wear today and grabbed a pair that I knew whould fit me. I put them on and felt a little different. I don't know what it was that caused me to check, but I looked at the tag. It read size 14 (I'm coming from a 16-18)! I started to go through all my pants with excitement! In my head, I'm thinking, "What can 20lbs buy me?" Well, I'll tell you what I "bought".

I got 2 pairs of dress pants
    3 pairs of jeans
    1 pair of work pants that were $10 off! (they had a $10 bill in the pocket!)

I like this kind of shopping! The currency is in pounds or inches lost rather than dollars and cents. You don't have a crazy sales lady following you around. AND everything that does fit you, you are bound to like since you've picked it out before : )

Also, I put 3 pairs of jeans aside for next time since they give me a muffin top at the moment. The best part: They'll still be there when I'm ready to "buy".

Anyone else been closet shopping lately?

Has anyone else

I really like this post!!!!

I too am in some clothes I had stopped wearing. It's a great feeling. BTW, I recently re-organized my closet by color. It makes me happy to look at and it's easier to find stuff.
  • alijaxfp
    alijaxfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cute! I put on a pair of shorts the other day, they were too tight last year...my bestie asked if I had new shorts on :-)
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yep, the best kind of shopping there is!!! I try about once a month to see what else I can fit into.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I went closet shopping a few weeks ago. I need to get down a few more pounds before I can do it again and see any results.
  • MamaTop
    MamaTop Posts: 24
    Options
    I am down only 10 pounds but I too "accidentally" put on a pair of jeans in the dark that I bought and were too tight .. and they fit! I have worn them all week :) A few years ago I got tired of looking at packed up "skinny cloths" and donated them all .. but I cant wait until I can shop again!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened yet but I'm soooo looking forward to it! Luckily for me my southern hemisphere summer is still nine months away, so I have plenty of time to fit back into my summer clothes (none of which I fit at present). I have a yearning to be able to choose from more than two pairs of pants in the morning!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I love this thread! Congrats on your success!

I bought a pair of Bill Blass jeans this morning. Size 18. I was a 24 in November. Last week, I bought my favorite dress.

I've also sold a bunch of stuff. No literally. I've sold all my 22's and 20's. And I also sold the pair of 24 jeans that drove me to this weight loss journey.
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! I love the $10 off comment. Hope your next shopping trip is sooner rather than later :wink:
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did when I went from 18 to 16, but I donated all my 14's last summer thinking i'd never fit into them again. Now Im just hitting 14 and I have almost no clothes. I did go out and buy lululemon workout clothes at the outlet. I have my priorities!! I can wear see through yoga pants at work i guess...
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this post! I moved about 6 months ago and had to pack all of my skinnier clothes away because there was NO WAY they fit then. I went closet shopping last week and literally found a whole "new" wardrobe. It cost me 25 pounds (since December) but it bought me 2 and sometimes 3 sizes smaller. I donated all of the bigger stuff and can't wait to dig out my summer clothes from storage and go shopping again soon. :drinker:
  • PVarns
    PVarns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Whatt a great idea! It makes going through the closet a much better experience!
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Haha - I have never thought of this as shopping before - love it! Paying with pounds and inches. :D I've bought a bunch of my favorite tshirts and a beautiful cocktail dress that I just wore to a wedding. I also literally purchased (with money) a pair of the Old Navy pop color jeans that should either fit me now or in five or ten pounds (waiting for them to arrive in the mail). Motivation!
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I was a tight 14, then a loose 14 and today I wore a pair of 12 pants from the back of my closet. They fit perfectly! It was so fun and I got lots of compliments on my "new" clothes.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have about another 20 lbs before I can start closet shopping and quite honestly I only have 2 pairs of pants and 1 pair of shorts left from them days as I have gotten rid of most everything And the shorts actually were bought about 2 years ago it was the largest size the store had and I swore they were gonna fit and they didnt so I am looking forward to the day I can slip those babies on
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have everything from a size 6 to a size 12 in my department store, umm, I mean closet. Lol. It's my motivation.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I did not start to gain weight until I went to college and I was 40 at the time. As I went up in sizes,I just kept buying the next size and then-I finished college, got a job and we moved!!!! I packed up all the clothes assuming that as I got busier, I'd lose the weight and need them again. Well, I gained even more!!!! Finally, last fall, which was 20 years later, I said ENOUGH and found myfitnesspal. When I started to lose weight, I unpacked the box and discovered that I have size 22,20,18,16,14, 12,10 & 8 clothes for all seasons packed in that box. Fortunately, I am not very trendy so they were all classic styles, and I hung them all in two closets. It is like Christmas every 10 pounds as I get to go to my "store" and see what fits and what almost fits! The 22s are gone, the 20s are gone the 18s are on their way to out and the 16s are on the horizon! :happy: Putting on some old friends is almost better than seeing another 10 pounds disappear ... almost! Here here to closet shopping!!! :drinker:
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of little clothes but my friend is able to shop in my closet.. The clothes that are too big for me, are just right for her....So when she visits this summer, she'll go shopping in my closet
    in the boxes in the closet!!!!!!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have a closet full if size 6&8 clothes. I am getting there, can't wait to go shopping in my closet. :)
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    YES!! THat is the absolute best!!!! Just like Christmas!!! Plan to go closet shopping very soon. Need some warm weather stuff after all. :wink:
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Well-made clothes have always been an extravagance of mine so I had a few things in the bck fo my closet that were tight but I couldn't make myself give away. In the last year I've added back in a little black dress, 2 pair of dress pants, and a yellow jumpsuit that's quirky but I always liked it. It's a great feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!