SBF2: Reboot boogaloo...wk of May 10

2»

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,699 Member
    Oi. My morning isn't starting out so great. I apparently do not understand boys or men, or men that act like boys. :grumble:

I am going to try to get in a walk today if it doesn't rain when I have time to go. I am also thinking about getting layers done in my hair. I get really nervous about getting my hair cut because most people don't get it right. DH doesn't ever want me to cut my hair so I already have him against it, so if they screw it up then it upsets him even more. Thankfully hair grows back. :smile:

The scale was down three pounds so maybe there's something to this no sweets thing. :laugh: I accidentally drank a sweet drink (tang, yes I know, pure sugar) last night. I just completely forgot. I'll try to be more aware of that.

Hopefully the rest of the day will get better.

Forgiving, forgetting and moving on boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning pebbs,

Just finished super-hard-booty-shaking Zumba class.

Other than that, not much on for the day. Yesterday I ended up with a migraine, and I think it's starting to come back. Dang it. (I think it's a heavy weather/allergies/pms triple whammy hormonal super migraine...last night I had the shimmery vision thing, and was sure I was going to be sick. Boo to it.)

MM, sorry your day didn't start out well. Things always get better.

Mary, there are some biking maniacs right behind you. The image of you on a bike with fifty plastic flamingos sort of made my morning, though.:tongue:

Ibuprofen, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Had some success yesterday - got a cupcake at the Farmer's Market - after lunch I tasted it. The best part was the peanut butter filling (I guess I'm not used to sweet peanut butter). I took the frosting off because it was too sweet and ate about 1/2 the cupcake. Dessert after dinner wasn't as much of a success, but I kept it within reason. I ate apple crisp type stuff, which I normally love, but this one was too sweet. I ate a good chunk of it anyway. Did stay away from all the appetizers though - chips and queso and cornbread. Got one errand in yesterday and had a great yoga class. Husband even was up in a crazy arm balance for a moment. :bigsmile:

Today - as many errands as I can fit in on the bike. Also - Austin Bonzai show (friend is the president of the society).

Sunday, boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    I wish I had the problem of finding things too sweet. That's a rarity for me. Usually the sweeter the better. And usually I eat it whether it's too sweet or too unsweet. Hence the reason I am fighting my weight.
    Yesterday we went bowling with some friends, the one's who lost their brother last week. It was good to see them getting out to do things like that and that we could be a part of it. It was not good for my neck/shoulder however. It's still pretty sore from last week and that just made it worse.
    Today is the first day eating has been an issue for me since I started changing things on Thursday. I wanted a burger and fries after church, instead of a salad. I'm also wanting sweets today. Chocolate particularly. Lady time coming up so I am blaming it on that. I can overcome this! It will just hurt! :laugh:
    Today is a day off. Tomorrow is busy. Horse therapy is changed to tomorrow and we are also updating the adoption home study over the phone. Thankfully the rest of the week is less crazy. Bible study is done for the summer, Alex's tumbling is done for a few weeks. I am ready for a little down time although busy times keep my mind from dwelling on the adoption situation.
    Some good news is that since the guy plugged the holes around the house siding I have not heard any critters in the walls! I hope they are gone! Time will tell.
    I guess that's my novel for the day.
    Die flesh die boogaoo! :wink:
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Got a walk, a housecleaning session and some yoga in today, despite, still having a headache. Just can't seem to shake it, as I'm not sure if it's sinuses, or a straight-up migraine, or if I ate something that's triggering it. Anyways, boo to it. I may visit the chiropractor tomorrow to see if something's stuck.

Other than that, the active part of my active recovery day is over. Relaxing, and sampling the "feast day" banana chocolate walnut coconut flour muffins I made for lunch.

Clean house that smells like muffins, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    V, Could you send me the muffin recipe? It sounds delish and it sounds like something Alex might be able to eat. :smile:
    Thanks!
    MM
This discussion has been closed.