Frozen Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I love soy frozen yogurt. If you're looking for something that's not as rich, it's great. Beats soft serve in my opinion.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love frozen yogurt!!! It's so much more flavorful than regular ice cream! I've always loved ice cream, but frozen yogurt is so good. Plus, it is better for you because of the enzymes that help with the digestive system. But yes, nothing wrong with ice cream or froyo in moderation :D
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    You can always make your own: blend yogurt with frozen fruit and a little honey or agave nectar.
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I always had the perception that frozen yogurt was healthier than ice cream too. They also have more low sugar, low carb and low fat options at yogurt places, I feel like.

Of course a homemade smoothie is gonna be your healthiest option, but it doesn't kill the craving the same way as yummy frozen yogurt does. I say go for it, just be wise about your choices and portions. Enjoy!
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    Crap now I want some ice cream!!!! :sad:
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Make your own. Find a really thick and creamy greek yoghurt or quark if you can find it. Mix 200g yoghurt with 100g frozen raspberries by hand for a few minuters until the raspberries start to break down or soften. Sweeten. Eat. Yum =)

..or just sweeten, flavour and freeze the yoghurt for 30-60 min. Yum too. ^^
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    I LOVE frozen yogurt. Its sweet and creamy like ice cream but without all the guilt. Try going to a self serve frozen yogurt store so you can try different flavors and add your own toppings to make sure you stay iwthin a reasonable calorie range.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's healthier than ice cream, depending on the brand of course. But you can have ice cream in moderation too...

My favorite right now? those nestle mini drumsticks. 110 calories and 5g of fat of pure vanilla and chocolate wafer goodness (the chocolate ones just have a few more calories). I don't think I'm ever eating anything else!