Les Mills Combat

Options
2»

Replies

• tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Les Mills Combat Challenge this week! Martial arts mixed with boxing, cardio and some good tunes makes this a Super FUN program!!! The trainers Dan Cohen and Rachel Newsham are really energetic and help motivate you through out each workout. There is an option for every workout to have the music pumped up or lower to hear the trainers . I am starting up Insanity next week!!!

joesuma@beachbodycoach.com

Good luck with Insanity! I am starting Insanity in June!
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    Just do body pump at my club.. A sister club offers combat so maybe I will check it out.. Love body pump.
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Combat (DVD) is a nice complement to Turbo Fire... I started off with Turbo Jam (original one!) and then moved to Body Combat at my gym and now teach the class!

The DVD is definitely great and fun, the creators, Dan and Rach are really great, and it's much more MMA focused than TF/TJ, which is a bit more dance-y and such. Both will get you fired up and sweaty, but Combat will make you feel FIERCE!

But of course, nothing beats a live class with a crazy energetic instructor switching up the tracks!!! Sidenote: we (southern ontario) aren't doing new release (55) for another week, ugh I'm excited!
  • pdurkeex
    pdurkeex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started Les mills Combat 2 weeks ago and I've been maintaining a blog about my experiences. So far it's amazing. It kicks my butt. I've lost 60 lbs with little effort before les mills and I'm hoping my next 60 will come off with the crazy effort Les Mills requires. I'm starting out on the Warrior calendar and I'll work my way through the other two as I "level up". It really has woken up muscles I've never felt before in my butt, abs, and upper back.

I've been faithful to my blog so far so you can follow up for my results.

it's called Kailyn's Fitness Journey on blogger.
  • LTStoerm
    LTStoerm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I spend more time trying to make sure I'm getting the move combinations right than I do working out. But if you like stuff like turbo fire you shoul do fine with it. I'd say try it in a class before you purchase it. I prefer Insanity.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I did the Combat program as my first ever workout program and lost 20 pounds and 17 inches overall. It was a great program. I must say, though, now I am doing Tubrofire and that is WAAAAAAY more of a workout. Combat is just like instruction and formal martial arts training. Turbofire is a kick butt cardio experience! Let's just say I never dripped as much sweat doing Combat as I do with Turbofire. I couldn't imagine going from Turbofire to Combat and seeing it as a challenge, but Combat was definitely a great program to get me started. It makes you feel like a warrior! Dan and Rach become like your friends and I looked forward to seeing them everyday. I would highly recommend it in general, but don't know if you'll find it a challenge coming off of TurboFire. Next up, Insanity...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!