Now What! - Achilles Tendonitis

I am truly bummed and confused. Just when I start to get into a habit of exercising...I was doing run/walk intervals...I get tendonitis. I went and seen my doctor and she wasn't much help. Told me to take some advil for the inflammation. Well it has been two weeks and I still have to walk down my stairs backwards! It is too painful to walk normally down the stairs. I can actually walk around the house and it only causes mild discomfort. The stairs kill me though!

My question...have you had achilles tendonitis and what did you do about exercise? I want to go walking...but I don't want to do more damage. I also however, don't want to continue to let weeks pass with no exercise. I am confused about what to do next. I would swim..but that is not an option...no pool around.

Replies

• ShelliePAwesome
    ShelliePAwesome Posts: 42 Member
    I am in the same situation. My trainer said ice, elevate, and rest. He said I can use the rowing machine only, no other cardio ( run,walk,eliptical,bike,etc.)

I have a tough mudder scheduled in 2 weeks and dont know if i'll be able to participate. It's been a rough weekend!

Hope you heal quickly!