What was YOUR motivation to start this journey ?

Options
2»

Replies

• iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Honestly put, I don't want to be fat in my wedding pictures, or be 250 pounds+ when I'm pregnant.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just look at my pic from January. If that didn't do it for me nothing would have.
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My dad was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I started to ask myself if I was healthy enough to go through what he was going through. I wasn't. And at the time, I was serving in children's ministry and couldn't keep up with them. I had a heart to minister to the kids so I needed to change.
    So started my journey late 2010 and nearly 80 pounds later the kids are struggling to keep up with me! :laugh: :laugh:
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I got tired of looking in the mirror and not liking what was reflected back to me. I decided back in february things were going to change for the better. Well they have, in the start of February I started my own Facebook page called Journey for Healthy Living and wanted to encourage others in their own journey walks along with mine. In march, I seen a friend from facebook was using MFP and looked it up and thought I will give it a whorl. When you join you have to log your weight, I didnt realize I had lost a few lbs since march. I was excited!! Now I make wiser decision about what I put into my body, I eat so much healthier. (i have some bad days every once in a while) I have not drank any pop for a month now and so far have lost a total weight of 10 lbs. I have a little ways to go but I know I can do it for myself instead of being that lumpy couch potato!!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    want to be fit by forty
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm a singer, and when my acid reflux got severe enough that I was having problems with hoarseness with singing, I said okay, I've gotta do something.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Well there were many things! I got way too many stretch marks everywhere!!!!! My body disguists me. Plus I cant take it when someone takes my full body pic, i look so fat in pics taken by other people. Plus everytime i look in the mirror i dont even feel like my self. And when I bought clothes and a month later they wouldnt fit... so needless to say i got pretty damn tired of it. And i am only 19.

But I have already lost 8lbs and i already feel better. :) never going back!!!
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Looking at pictures of myself back when I was smaller and wishing I was that way again. Now I'm smaller than I was in all of those pictures and its a wonderful feeling :)
  • harrisonda1
    Options
    My metabolism seems to be slowing down but I refuse to change clothing sizes. Superficial really - I have a lot invested in my clothes, so when they started getting really tight, something had to give, and it wasn't going to be my wardrobe! I don't have a lot I need to lose, just a few pounds, but I need to start taking better care of myself.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that I would die if I didn't lose wt. soon. I'd had a heart attack and open heart surgery at 44. Shortly after needed stomach and gall bladder surgery. Then I needed bladder surgery. I finally decided that enough was enough and I started losing wt. Since then I am off insulin and my blood pressure medications. My cholesterol is also normal.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    The fact that my doctor told me I had high cholesterol
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Seeing awful overweight photos of myself (I've got a before & after with one of them in my profile) which would make me cry.
    I just go so tired of feeling out of control and depressed so I decided one day that I had to put a stop to it. I'm so much happier now I don't even recognise myself and find it so hard to fathom how I got to that sad, sad place to begin with.
    All smiles here :bigsmile:
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Deciding I want to show off the muscles I've been building the last few years...
  • sonnethardgrave
    Options
    I'm getting married and I ordered the dress a size to small. ouch, yes! Amazingly it is not that much smaller then me but this is a good motivator to loose the inches. I am out to loose at least an inch and hopefully two inches in my hips and butt in the next 30 days. I am told it is very possible with good exercise and low calories. I am finishing week 2 and have lost 4 lbs and a inch off my hips. So far so good. I am needing another inch at least. The dress is still pretty tight. Am drinking slimming teas and have a wonderful belly wrap from Golds Gym that I found at WalMart that seems to be toning as I work out. 29 days till the wedding!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I went to try on wedding dresses and found one that I loved that didn't love me, I vowed to make that dress love my body!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I want to have a healthier lifestyle first of all and also because I wanna look good with and without clothes :-)
  • kappatit
    kappatit Posts: 9
    Options
    Emotional: past couple of months people were mistaking me for pregnant and offering me their seat on the subway. =*( Even if i wanted it, i refused. Even after the explanation the kind hearted woman had that she totally understand i was probably tired and swollen and to take her seat because she had just been there a few months ago.

Rational: The idea of another humid NYC summer and my thighs rubbing/chafing together, creating purple rash marks and intense discomfort in skirts.