I need motivation !

Options
I have lost 50lbs and have been stuck with the last 20lbs for over a year !! Any advice or help would be great fully received : )

Replies

• BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on losing 50 pounds! I should be taking advice from YOU. :)

Are you in a food/exercise rut? Try eating some new fruits and veggies, increasing your fiber or drinking more water. Switch up your workout routines and keep your body guessing.

I don't know if that helps, but I wish you the best of luck. Don't give up!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You can only gain temporary motivation from others. You can only motivate yourself, so go look at old photos of yourself and I guess ponder why you even started losing weight and why you want to continue.
  • sandip69
    sandip69 Posts: 20
    Options
    very, very tough to control weight whilst taking insulin even with very tight control so don't be too surprised if further weight loss proves to be difficult. I suppose watching your HbA1c, blood pressure and cholesterol is key along with remaining active. I wish you all the best!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy, but give it a shot …

Try setting your calorie goal to maintain for now. If you've been trying and stuck on the last 20 pounds, maybe you just need a bit of a break. And it's better to keep logging and eating well with more of a calorie allowance, and maintain, that to give up because you're frustrated and gain weight back. Keep exercising (find stuff that's fun to do … maybe add in some weights if you don't already) but stay away from the scale for a couple of months. Then, you could be pleasantly surprised with what happens, and with how you feel when you are ready to jump back in full force for those last 20 pounds.

ETA: and make sure you give yourself tons of credit for the 50 you've already lost. That is a great accomplishment, especially with diabetes, and already makes you so much healthier than before.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50lbs and have been stuck with the last 20lbs for over a year !! Any advice or help would be great fully received : )

Have you considered Heavy Lifting?
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

Have you considered Heavy Lifting?

yes come join us heavy lifting rocks!
  • georgespider
    Options
    Thank you !! I am willing to try anything : )
  • georgespider
    Options
    Thank you x
  • georgespider
    Options
    very, very tough to control weight whilst taking insulin even with very tight control so don't be too surprised if further weight loss proves to be difficult. I suppose watching your HbA1c, blood pressure and cholesterol is key along with remaining active. I wish you all the best!
  • georgespider
    Options
    Thankfully my blood pressure and cholesterol are great , in fact at my last check up my bad cholesterol was so low it didn't even register on the machine and my good cholesterol was really high : )

Thank you for all the support , I am going to try lifting a bit heavier weights and really motivate my self , I have put a picture up of me at 210lbs , in my kitchen as an extra motivation !
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Google if you want to be successful video
  • cyberbidder
    Options
    Examine anything that you, knowingly or unknowling, might have changed. Attitude or thought processes. What was the ground of your motivation previously? Something similar happened to me. I lost my fear of overeating. It would require more typing than I care for to explain exactly what I mean.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    besides just finding your internal drive, make sure your workouts are fun and exciting to you.
    heavier lifting, trying a new class at the gym, whatever it is,
    needs to be so exciting/fun that you never want to miss a workout
    and treat every workout like it's the last one.

for example in lifting you need rest days so you can't work the same muscle 2 days in a row
    very common for beginners we do a 3 day program every other day we lift.
    if you skip a lifting day, it's hard to make it up and still have your rest days.
    so every workout has to be done when scheduled
    depending on your program it could be more flexible or not

if you don't like the heavy lifting- focusing on compound movements like squats and dead lifts for legs for example
    then find something else you love doing and challenges your body.

also, positive motivation is more useful. do you have a picture of yourself at your goal weight?
    or a healthier point in your life than now?
    it's better to be thinking positive, what you can do
    in the end our unconscious is like a 2 year old
    did you ever tell the 2 year old not to do something?
    what are they thinking about?
    doing it!
    so very early on in daycare, schools whereever,
    we say to walk, not don't run
    eat fruit not don't eat donuts

focus on the positive
    all the things you can do now
    things you will do
    personal records you've had in fitness
    all the healthy recipes you know or want to try
    the exciting things you want to do with your life
    go jet skiing
    roller coasters
    comfortable in your own skin
    wearing shorts
    wearing your fav. style or designers
    being able to reach and paint your toes
    being able to see your muscles
    your kids being impressed with your muscles
    or how much weight is on your barbell.
    going canoeing an not being worried it will tip over
    bc you're in it.
    more energy
    healthy nails, hair, cholesterol.....

there's just a lot to be positive about.
  • georgespider
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words : ) here's to loosing the last bit of weight !!!!