C25K - Embarrassing question

Options
cln714
cln714 Posts: 174 Member
I'm stuck on week 3. Reason being, every time I get out there and start to exert myself (usually during the 2nd 3 min jog) I experience some stomach upset. It's bad enough that it sends me running home and running to the bathroom.

Has this happened to anyone else? What do you do about it?? Does it go away eventually???

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :) I always make sure I go before a long run. My biggest fear is not that I can't run, or that I'll get hurt, but that I'll be out in the middle of nowhere and have to go..... It's so common, don't be embarassed!!

Exercise increases peristalsis, which is the movement of your intestines that pushes waste materials out. Eventually your body will get used to your increased exertion and you'll feel more in control!!
  • runningj
    runningj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are a coffee drinker, but if so you may want to limit coffee (or caffeine) consumption prior to running. It doesn't bother me now, but when I first began running it really caused some stomach distress.

Also, I'm not sure what time you are running, but I find that unless I eat really light I can't run for at least 2-3 hours after without some stomach problems.

Good luck!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Also look out for drinking anything fizzy before you run.