Having a lifestyle change. Need help adjusting.

Options
So I start a job behind a desk working 5 days a week with shift work ( night shifts/ day shifts) and am coming from a job where I only work 3 days a week.

Im trying to get a jumpstart on this change and any help would be appreciative.

I have always enjoyed eating (big on snacking, like a ninja turtle am addicted to pizza) and the only thing that I have really ever done is play basketball. I have slowed down quite a bit and have gone from 150 to 167 at 5'9 over the course of a couple of years.

While it has been steady I know that it will get worse if I dont make some major adjustments to my lifestyle.

Replies

• mlcrruth
    mlcrruth Posts: 10
    Options
    Im probably not bad off, but I dont feel like getting big again :p

Im 5 years out of highschool where my senior year I lost 25lbs by playing basketball at least 5 hours a day. Im one of those people that has to keep things changing and not allow me to think but just react.

So after all the hard work, I got lazy, found a fiance who enjoys cooking, whos family meets at least twice a week for supper, got into watching the mentalist, and has lost a lot of confidence.

Im back up to 167 after having been 150 and because of this I tried jumping into weightlifting and the gym again probably a little to quickly resulting in injuries.

I still play ball whenever i get the chance but you would not believe how hard it is to find a place to play that does not require an expensive membership or a place that is even close to begin with to play ball.

So again weightlifting was my second choice to fill in the time that I will be missing off the court. Tried doing squats and felt that I had great form, but was doing the body pump classes to close together on top of trying to do squats with heavy weight. Learned my lesson there.

Getting back into it now after letting the back heal.

Thought this would be a great community to join instead of bodybuilding.com