Replies

• bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome.
  • pghlulu
    pghlulu Posts: 42
    Options
    WOW, you look amazing, and your skin really looks great, more proof that strength training is awesome!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration. Thank you for sharing and great job.
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You seriously look so much younger! Amazing Congrats!:happy:
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I saw this picture and realized that I had hit rock bottom. I weighed 232 pounds and was wearing a size 20. It is the only picture that exists of me at that size because I never let anyone take pictures. This was taken by a stranger who offered when I was taking pictures of my kids.

13acc464-1f81-4b34-b446-fdcc7cf03073_zps17fb76c1.jpg?t=1365729954

I lost 25 pounds and started to get compliments. My husband at the the time said he was leaving me and I couldn't concentrate on losing weight and dealing with the loss of an almost 20 year marriage.

Fast forward a couple of years and I started seriously looking for someone who I could see myself with long term. I met my future husband and we went to the beach for spring break in 2011.

e932aac6-0ea4-4799-bcb4-d5ba1f6cdb3d_zpsf3035850.jpg?t=1365730263

After seeing these pictures I decided to lose the weight once and for all. This was February 2012. I lost about 15 pounds and went to the same beach one year later.

1313f314-12cc-4f5f-bdf4-e618e67b822a_zps3e1055dc.jpg?t=1365730470

My fiance joined me to lose weight and we worked hard. I reached my original goal weight of 145.

108c98ba-e29d-47d6-a8dd-51b9891524f8_zps4b2b2ffb.jpg?t=1365730585

I decided I could keep going. By the end of October 2012 I weighed 130. I added heavy lifting in January and in February I increased my daily calories to maintenance. I now weigh 135. I have a lot of loose skin that I will need to take care of, but I'm proud of my accomplishment. If I can do this, then anyone can!

Me yesterday:
    photo_zps8c28474e.jpg

WOOOOOW!!! AMAZING!!! Beautiful!!! GREAT job!!! CONGRATS!!! Happy to hear you found happiness and a good man that will treat you like you need and deserve.... God bless and keep up the awesome transformation..... Your story is inspirational... Thanks for sharing...
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! Nice job!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Shut up! You're a rockstar. awesome :)
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Your "loose skin" must be well hidden, all I see is a rockin' body! I bet your ex-husband is licking his chops, wishing he would have stuck it out for the dessert :flowerforyou:
  • nicolepry
    Options
    Thats amazing!!! Good for you!! May I ask if you just counted calories with this myfitnesspal? I just got it today and I also jazzercise which is like aerobics!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!!! Good for you!! May I ask if you just counted calories with this myfitnesspal? I just got it today and I also jazzercise which is like aerobics!

I used myfitnesspal every day and logged no matter what. I was (and am by no means) perfect. Some days I went over in calories, but never let that one day turn into a week and go downhill again. I think for me the key is being honest with yourself.

I also have a ton of very inspirational and supportive MFP friends that have helped and given me encouragement and advice along the way.

In terms of exercise in the beginning sometimes my exercise would be walking laps around the mall with a pedometer. I truly believe that whatever gets you moving will work. I tried to continue to challenge myself and keep adding intensity to my training when I could.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Your "loose skin" must be well hidden, all I see is a rockin' body! I bet your ex-husband is licking his chops, wishing he would have stuck it out for the dessert :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I have a lot on my stomach (which I CAN tuck into my pants and swimsuits-funny but sad) and on my upper thighs (which I can do nothing about).

I think that the lifting has filled in my arms though. Yay for weights!
  • ashb811
    ashb811 Posts: 17
    Options
    Great job! and I LOVE your Baltimore Ravens tee :love:
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You should be SO proud. You look amazing!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing, great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!