Marathon and 5k Fees?

Options
2»

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    If you live in Canada the Running Room has a five km on Jan first every year. $45 for early entry and you get a jacket and a pancake breakfast. The money goes to a local cause. This year in my town it went to the volunteer fire fighters. I have taken friends along with me before and they have ran for free.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    What about if I bring my daughter though can she tag along? I don't mind paying a fee that goes towards a good cause.

You would need to check with the race coordinators in advance. Some races families and children are welcome. Some, they are not.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    To answer the question about your daughter, many races will allow you to push a stroller for free, but please, please don't allow them to give your daughter a medal unless you've paid a registration fee for her. I just ran a race and paid entrants didn't receive their medals because people running with their children received an extra.

Also check for free kid's fun runs. I'm running a fairly big marathon in October and they sponsor a free kids 1 mile run the day before. However, parents are not allowed to accompany their children.

There are plenty of kids races that charge a nominal fee that DO allow parents to run along side for no charge. These are generally a 1 mile or 1K run.