HRM watch?

aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I was exploring D!ck's Sporting Goods with my bf Saturday and really looking over the work out stuff they have... thinking I definitely need to get an HRM soon and will need new dumbbells to switch up my routine some more. I saw they had heart rate monitor watches and the cheapest one was about $70 and I liked how it looked...and it's made by Polar - which I've noticed most of you use their HRMs.

I just want to know if this will be as accurate as using the strap. I figure it will since your pulse is on your wrist... right? Plus, I just DON'T like the idea of wearing a strap around my chest just to go walking or rollerblading and I sweat a lot. That thing is goin' get stinky.

Advice?!?!

Replies

• mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I have a MIO HRM wristwatch which I bought at Canadian Tire for $50. When working out I take regular readings. For instance, on my elliptical I take readings every 2 1/2 minutes or golfing I take my reading almost every time I stop to swing a club. I figure this will give me a more accurate measurement. I love my HRM it was worth every penny
This discussion has been closed.