Favorite Microwave Meals & Healthy Snacks?

Hey! I'm a new person to the forums & I have recently began my weightloss journey for a healthier me. I'm 19 & still live at home.. I work a bunch & when I'm not working, I'm at college, so I'm never home when my family cooks dinner. Do you lot have any favorite healthy microwave meals.. Or anything that is quick & easy to make for a girl on the run?? Also, any snacks that are good to have as well! Thanks!

Replies

• kt_kat_88
    kt_kat_88 Posts: 74 Member
    hey you sound just like me lol. im full time work and college too. Ive been eating lean cuisine, smart ones, and healthy choice. My favorite so far is the lean cuisine pizza. its about the same size as a normal personal pizza and has good protein.
  • emilybaun
    emilybaun Posts: 52
    hey you sound just like me lol. im full time work and college too. Ive been eating lean cuisine, smart ones, and healthy choice. My favorite so far is the lean cuisine pizza. its about the same size as a normal personal pizza and has good protein.

Those are SO good.. I just bought one of the Mushroom & Artichoke pizzas! I think that's what it is. Soo good!
  • kt_kat_88
    i wish i liked all that fancy stuff on my pizza. i just buy the basic cheese. thats the only thing that suck about buying the frozen meals is that unless you like spicy or vegetables (which i dont like either) all your left with is the pastas.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    I make my own 'pizza'

! low carb high fiber tortilla
    1/4 a cup of cheese
    17 turkey pepperonis

microwave for 1min10seconds

240 calories 19 carbs and 12 grams protein and 12 grams of fiber!

Yum!
  • If you have a toaster oven, roasted asparagus is an awesome snack. Get some that are about the width of your pinky finger. Chop off the ends (not the flowery end, the other one). A little Pam, salt and pepper. Put them in the toaster oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes. You still want them to be crisp, not mushy. Mushy asparagus is gross. You can sprinkle a little grated parmesan on them also. So good it seems almost impossible that they're actually good for you.

I also like the fish Lean Cuisines - Parmesan Crusted Fish and Tortilla Crusted Fish. I think those are a lot better than any of the chicken ones.
  • kt_kat_88
    If you have a toaster oven, roasted asparagus is an awesome snack. Get some that are about the width of your pinky finger. Chop off the ends (not the flowery end, the other one). A little Pam, salt and pepper. Put them in the toaster oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes. You still want them to be crisp, not mushy. Mushy asparagus is gross. You can sprinkle a little grated parmesan on them also. So good it seems almost impossible that they're actually good for you.

I also like the fish Lean Cuisines - Parmesan Crusted Fish and Tortilla Crusted Fish. I think those are a lot better than any of the chicken ones.

the asparagus sounds like something id like to try. ive never cooked it before though so do it get mushy the longer it bakes or if you dont bake it long enough?
  • the asparagus sounds like something id like to try. ive never cooked it before though so do it get mushy the longer it bakes or if you dont bake it long enough?

Mushy if you cook it too long. Anywhere between 5-10 mins for pinky-sized ones should be good. Longer for thicker ones.

Then, I pick them up and eat them like they're french fries.
  • emilybaun
    emilybaun Posts: 52
    I make my own 'pizza'

! low carb high fiber tortilla
    1/4 a cup of cheese
    17 turkey pepperonis

microwave for 1min10seconds

240 calories 19 carbs and 12 grams protein and 12 grams of fiber!

Yum!

THIS sounds amazing