That Guy/Girl...

Options
MyNewZen
MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
So I had to stop at the shops on the way to work today and I see this guy about 20 meters in front of me, and I think, wow, I can't wait to have big shoulders and a skinny waist like him...

Half a second later I realise it’s a mirror, that guy was me! :laugh:

Has this happened to any one else?

Replies

• kerilynne68
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • pretty4Jesus
    pretty4Jesus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yaaaaaaaaaay!
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I must admit I was checking myself out in the glares of the windows at the mall today.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's more like "Who else is in the gym this late?!!!" oh that's me.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've been more like... "Whoa! who's this girl that can fit into jeans two sizes smaller? D: "
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    HAHA!!! that is Awesome!!
    How good would that have felt, to be envying yourself. Woohoo!!
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's a great one! Congrats. I'm waiting or it...:smile:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Love it. :drinker:
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    No, but I have done the opposite. While shopping, saw a girl a little distance away and thought "hm, that outfit is sort of not flattering on her." Then I realized it was a mirror and was like "Crap. That's me." :laugh: :cry: :ohwell:
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is so funny. I told my daughter when the same thing happened to me like a month ago. I walked into an unfamiliar bathroom in a building that had a full length mirror and caught a view of this woman. It crossed my mind - wow she looks lean. Then I realized -- that's me! it was a great feeling and a great NSV
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :wink:
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Not exactly but similiar...I've walked past the mirror and thought, Wow, is tht really "me" LOL!!!
    Love your NSV!!!
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me... Actually it happened this week at a very good time... I was starting to get upset due to the fact that my mood was low and I was getting frustrated because things are not moving as fast as they were when I started losing weight. I know that as you get closer to your goal weight it will slow down. However, After doing the 30 DS, and not losing weight during level 1 & 2, I was just upset. I knew I was making progress, but didn't see it on the scale. Anyway, I had taken my kids outside, and happened to look at my reflection my sliding glass door. I couldn't believe the person I saw in there. I felt so beautiful that I wanted to cry. I'm getting tear eyed just thinking about it. It's a wonderful feeling to see the results in my reflection... Sure, I see it in the sizes of my clothes and people comment on the weight that I've lost, but after being so big for so long that person is embedded in your brain. It is a huge change to picture the real you without all the extra weight.

Great job on looking like the guy you want to be :-)
  • mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options
    I do occasionally find myself checking out my *kitten* in the mirror these days. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!