Is that a phone in your pocket or?

Options
iamspdd
iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
Ok, so I hate carrying my phone in my pocket when I work out, but need some place to keep it. It has my music on it. Anyone know of a good armband or clip? How do you listen to music while exercising or out for a jog?

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I just like your title. I have a tiny ipod that I use...I'm not helpful.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    amazon.com --> search your phone --> search options --> limit highest customer rating --> look at price --> order.
  • iamspdd
    Options
    i tried this, and the reviews are so mixed that I can't decide. Either people LOVE the arm bands or they hate them. Sigh.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I just hold my phone when I run and I put my phone in my pocket at the gym. I mean you could just go into a store and you can open the boxes and try them then order it online or buy it at the store.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a Griffin arm band for my iPhone that I use when I jog. Gotta have it for my running apps and my music. Easily adjustable band, access to the screen, and I picked it up for about ten bucks at TJ Maxx. Amazon has some good prices too, but check your local TJ Maxx or Marshalls - you can find some great deals on fitness related stuff.
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a Tune Belt armband that I bought on Amazon. I really like it.
  • koootenay
    koootenay Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Put it in your bra, haha. It's a nice safe place..
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I use a bodymedia fit armband so a music player armband would be weird. I guess I could put it on the other arm... but Ive been sticking my phone in my underpants. which FYI works OK but not that good since it slips down. You don't lose it.

I ordered a tunebelt.. belt.. not an armband.... like the day before yesterday on Amazon and it arrived today. I went running just to give it a try! I like that its slim, you can operate the phone through the clear plastic without removing it. It's very secure inside the belt, and theres a little pocket big enough for cards, money and a key on the inside.

So much better than having all that stuff falling down towards the bottom of your underpants!

I also bought some terrycloth sweat bands with zippered pockets in them for keys, money etc. Probably cant fit your phone there. They havent arrived yet but I imagine they could be handy. If not they're stocking stuffers for folks for Xmas! :laugh:

The only bad thing about the tune belt is that I was wearing it pretty loose and it'd work its way out of place after awhile jogging. I expect to either find the right way to wear it or I suppose I could just pin it to sit where I like it.
  • iamspdd
    Options
    That's actually a great idea. I just may do that today. :)
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm really ghetto, I put mine in a sock then stick it in my sports bra.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i don't,,,, i like to listen to the birds...
  • jlw1cc
    jlw1cc Posts: 6
    Options
    I wasn't bothered about having my phone just music, and realised that it wasn't much difference in price to buy an old style ipod shuffle. Holds plenty of music for a workout and clips to your clothes. Sorted!
  • rld27
    rld27 Posts: 6
    Options
    I hate armbands. I wanted to carry my phone and created a product to do just that - plus I can add a key or other items.. what do you think? www.isportsbra.com Thanks!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I hate armbands. I wanted to carry my phone and created a product to do just that - plus I can add a key or other items.. what do you think? www.isportsbra.com Thanks!

OMG, I love it!!! Lately I've just been putting mine down my bra but it tends to get a bit sweaty (gross, I know). Really need to ge ta new armband
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I use a tiny ipod that will clip anywhere...

I have seen large displays of many, many cases with arm bands at the local electronics shops though - I would try there, or wallyworld.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options

think that sounds like a sweaty accident waiting to happen to my phone.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I like the idea, but you provide no info on the actual bra. What size is a s or m or l? How much support does it provide? I use different styles of sportsbras for different activities, and need more information before making a purchase. Especially for large busted women or more mature ladies, foundation garments are critical for comfort. If this info was on the site, my apologies. Make ignoring more obvious for people like me. :smile: